X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Secrets of Biking.

This article is not about the tips and tricks of biking. But itís about the core of biking, the very Beginning. People ask me, why do you do it? What do you get out of it? I donít bother explaining them, thereís no need to do that. Even if you do, they wonít understand! ĎOnly a dog knows how it feels when he takes his head out of the window.í

I sometimes agree with people that we donít need to get on a bike and face the funny weather, then why do it? Well, the right question would be ďwhy notĒ? We do it because we want to live. Yes itís true. We live, see, hear and even breathe bikes. Itís the ultimate adrenalin that flows through our veins. And when our hearts shift in Top Gear. Once it happens, thereís no turning back.
    People may argue about what we do is absurd. Thereís no point in riding, It isnít safe, But we do it anyway. Whenever we lay our eyes on a twisty road we just have to get out there and Rock it. Usually we are very down to earth people. (Yes we literally are!). Because we are always ready to touch our knees to the ground. We come in different backgrounds and mindsets. Some of us are Cruisers, Stunt Maniacs and some are Racers and City Riders. But the passion flows through our systems is same, anywhere in the world.

Ask any true biker to do something and heís tacking the obstacles already. Biking is a Science of life. Your bike will teach you to be Fast Ní Loud when you get the opportunity. Bikes teach you to slow down when you meet rough patches and Turns. They teach you to bend down and trust the road, the path you are on. If youíre not a biker, just ride one and youíll see what I am talking about. What this article about, is my sincere effort to get you hooked to biking. Even if you are not planning to do it, well, then I must tell you that you are missing out on a great joy of life.:)

Absolutely true rituraj! Same case here, my dad used to tell me to quit biking and bikes and he'd buy me a nice hatchback of my own. but i rejected almost every single time and now he gels in perfectly with the idea that i am bike person and all those things are subject of joke now we do some times :P

The passion for riding once started? never ends! its drug that left a profound effect on us and will die when we die!

When we ride, the attachment to surface, when a twisty or a long straight that awaits us to burn some rubber is just uncontrollable to hold on to the monster that we drive its a sync between the machine, man and surface that is truly something which cant be explained!

Rituraj there are very less people who think before they come into biking, most people are born with it while the rest choose to do it, just like that, in a flip of switch time the decision is made!

i can assure you there is no thinking when choosing this permanent hobby :P

Biking, biker FTW, safe way :)

Comment

you are absolutely right mohit. I still remember how I used to sit on a fuel tank when I was a little kid.I was scared but I trusted my dad. I can't forget the sheer joy when wind stuck my face. I still remeber the first time ever I kick started a bike. I would say my dad has a big hang in this madness of mine about bikes. I used to be a pillion all the time. Now the role has reversed (My dad has become a Backseat driver now :-D). Bikes are like parts of us, aren't they mohit?
      well, It must be true what they say , "Once a biker always a biker."

Comment

The biggest problem I see in India is the lack of respect non-bikers give bikers. Like on the road too, bikers are treated as people who can't afford a car. Biking is a choice not a compromise.

Comment

Biking is the only time of the day I get to enjoy :)

(However, that enjoyment is resting in garage since the start of this monsoon)

Comment

Edd, the fun lies in every weather! Get proper tires, a clean visor for your helmet, grab your jacket and head out to witness fun! I make sure i go for a spin every alternate evening on my personal bike despite whatever the weather and how much it pours

Comment

The problem is not about riding in the wet, the problem is the road conditions during monsoons, way too many potholes.

Comment

Yeah. It actually takes the fun out of Riding. You concentrate on dodging potholes more that enjoy the Ride. However I always turn to Lavasa road's because they are comparatively good if you really want to get out and be with monsoon. :)

Comment

Next time I will join you Rituraj 0477

Comment

Sure Buddy. I would really like that. :tup:

Comment

Going to Lavasa is good for Pune people but for Mumbai guys, Lonavla is a good option.

Which days do you go for ride? (e.g Saturday).

Comment

Mostly on Sundays. However I haven't ridden on Lavasa roads a while.

Comment

Aren't sundays too crowded? Best is to go on weekdays morning :'p

Comment

Hey punter, lets plan something on bikes next Sunday or next of that.

Comment

Even Saturdays are good. What do you think. Harshad can also join us. It will be fun

Comment

Working...
                              X