X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 will be the two wheeler revolution on Indian roads

The game that stared with R15 is taken to a whole new dimension by KTM with DUKE 200/390 this year. Its expected that 2014 will be the revolution in the quarter liter and above segment on indian roads.Hero planning for higher karizma , new fully fared pulsar , tvs with bmw planning for sports fully fared 250cc + bikes and ktm playing the big game - putting a nail to all the above efforts with RC 250/390. The game will be worth watching.

The tragic part is -

1. honda fooling indians with sticker jobs
    2. yamaha planning for 100cc + bikes and scooters only to get market share

Yes 2014 will be a revolutionary year for both 4-wheeler as well as for 2-wheeler industry. Waiting eagerly for Pulsar 375, if Bajaj will launch it around 1.5 lakhs in full-fairing version. I ca bet that it will be the EcoSport of motorcycle market.

Comment

Every year they say its revolutionary but at the end, little comes forward. Companies are not as aggressive as they are in the States.

Comment

Yup! Agree with you there Faisal, As I say, India is the country of unexpected happenings, Any product launch can be a gamble in our country. People either love a vehicle or completely hate it. Thats why Companies are hesitant to launch new products in India. But this picture is changing as the Purchase Power of people is increasing day by day.

Comment

Indian Govt. policies have always been the biggest reason to constrain development in every industry. Mahindra has already developed interesting e20 but govt. policies are completely unsupportive to bloom the electric cars development in the country.

Comment

Well, it might be true, but would you really recommend anyone to buy 250cc+ bike in India? (Excluding Delhi, they have good infrastructure due to the recent games)

Comment

The governments (current or old) are so pathetic they wont even let Indian manufacturers work in peace leave aside foreign manufacturers! Maharashtra governments keep troubling company likes VW and Bajaj and doesn't even repay their debts back to them Thankfully Gujrat and south are good enough for some progress for our nation lets hope TVS-BMW strike hard

By the way i think the revolutionary year will be 2015-2016 :P

Comment

To be honest, you can still ride a lot in other States (other than Delhi) because there are some good roads on the outskirts.

Comment

Originally posted by rituraj_s View Post
                  Yup! Agree with you there Faisal, As I say, India is the country of unexpected happenings, Any product launch can be a gamble in our country. People either love a vehicle or completely hate it. Thats why Companies are hesitant to launch new products in India. But this picture is changing as the Purchase Power of people is increasing day by day.
                  If it is a good product people will always love it. KTM has never given any advertisement on TV or newspapers yet they sale and people love it. Bottom line is if they provide good specs with a value for money, no one needs to think about acceptance.

Comment

KTM is playing the game very well. Launching such products, its sure dragging a lot of enthusiasts towards it..

Comment

I think the real revolution will happen once TVS-BMW bring in their 250cc motorcycles. Imagine a mini S1000RR bike in your garage.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal View Post
                        I think the real revolution will happen once TVS-BMW bring in their 250cc motorcycles. Imagine a mini S1000RR bike in your garage.
                        Hehe, you right, I can only "Imagine" that. Dont think will ever be buying one tho. My next bike will be of much higher capacity, probably 650cc but that's after 5-6 years or more, who knows.

Comment

Edd, within 5-6 years, you might get a Pulsar 1000 too!

Comment

Hero disappoints again with its new karizma. We friends at motorbeam could compile a better design for the ZMR. Advice to Pawan Munjal , the CEO of hero - fire your designers and start hiring us.

Comment

Lol to that biddu sir. But seriously, they just wanted to win a competition called, ' who tell us the best joke of the year'.

Comment

Working...
                              X