X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future of Hero Motocorp

Everyone knows that hero and honda parted more than a year ago. And as per the deal hero can continue to use honda's engine and technology by 2014.

Now the big question is, What will happen to hero moto corp after that ? They just cannot retain the smoothness and reliability of honda's engines.

They need to make following engines according to their current portfolio-
    1. 100 cc for splendor, passion, pleasure.
    2. 110 cc for passion xpro, maestro.
    3. 125 cc for glamour, ignitor.
    4. 150 cc for xtreme, hunk.
    5. 225 cc for karizma if they want it to sell it.
    And A 250 cc engine currently being developed by ebr.
    Will they step in 180-200 cc category ?

Since engines are being made by engines engineering and avl they will be reliable. I think.

Hello ! What happened. No one is interested in talking about hero or what ?

Comment

Originally posted by Turboakash View Post
      Hello ! What happened. No one is interested in talking about hero or what ?
      Well, I wouldn't be so sure about Engines Engineering. It was the technical partner for Mahindra to develop the Stallio's engine. As it turned out to be a Pandora's box of Problems, I feel Hero Motocorp has in front of it an uphill battle.

Comment

I'm just waiting to see what comes out Buell and Hero together :)

Comment

Originally posted by BishakhFlynn View Post
          Well, I wouldn't be so sure about Engines Engineering. It was the technical partner for Mahindra to develop the Stallio's engine. As it turned out to be a Pandora's box of Problems, I feel Hero Motocorp has in front of it an uphill battle.
          Its Ricardo it think. But AVL is good.

Originally posted by neoestrin View Post
          I'm just waiting to see what comes out buell n hero together.
          Hmmm. That will come next year. I hope it will be superb 250 cc sports bike.
          Last edited by Faisal; 29-05-13, 11:03 PM. Reason: Please use multi-quote option

Comment

They're in no hurry for fast bikes until the huge mileage bikes of theirs lose demands, which according to me wont ever go down for most of indian masses.

Comment

Hero wants to shift from a mass market commuter bike manufacturer to a bike which appeals to the youth, because the market is shifting, although very slowly.

Comment

They're in no hurry for fast bikes until the huge mileage bikes of theirs lose demands.. which acc to me wont ever go down for most of indian masses.. :/
                They are surely going to loose their market to Honda for the very obvious reason that hero and people are addicted honda's technology. So there will be a lot of difference in honda's engines and hero's own engines. The engines would require a lot of testing for perfection. In that time honda will overcome their market share. Now the cheapest honda dream neo will attack the splendor because it looks better than splendor plus and has more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Faisal View Post
                  Hero wants to shift from a mass market commuter bike manufacturer to a bike which appeals to the youth, because the market is shifting, although very slowly.
                  Faisal you are right. In the past 10-12 years a lot has changed in Indian 2 wheeler market. Everyone knows that. Today everywhere you can see a Pulsar, Apache, R15, CBR etc. That was not the scene back then. After 10-15 more years. 125-150 cc bike would be the base and surely there will be many 250-750 cc bikes. Because people are earning more and more money :D

Comment

They're in no hurry for fast bikes until the huge mileage bikes of theirs lose demands.. which acc to me wont ever go down for most of indian masses.. :/
                    They are surely going to loose their market to Honda for the very obvious reason that hero and people are addicted honda's technology. So there will be a lot of difference in honda's engines and hero's own engines. The engines would require a lot of testing for perfection. In that time honda will overcome their market share. Now the cheapest honda dream neo will attack the splendor because it looks better than splendor plus and has more power.

Comment

Originally posted by Turboakash View Post
                      That's for sure, but there's still a big group of peoples who prefer Hero (then hero hondas) as the superior choice over any other. Honda and others are grabbing up market fast but i think it will still take a while for some people start considering others. (Its like poeple who still refer maggi to every noodle brand :P )

Comment

Hero will loose share to Bajaj and Honda very soon and they are so dumb that not launching new bikes.

Look at their recent except Passion xPro no other launch looks prominent to me.

Hero has relied on Honda engine since ages and though they develope their own engine it will take time to reach at the refinement level and reliability of Honda engines. I am afraid that Hero powered bikes will be bit expensive than the Honda powered bikes as it involved lots of investment and still it wont be as reliable as Honda.

Second part is the maintanance of new Hero engines which is a mystery at this moment.

Hero should come up with performance bike as soon as possible with excellent styling orelse be prepared to loose numero uno position to Honda or Bajaj.

Comment

True that, and with Bajaj doing lots of addition to the market one after another, its time for others to pull their socks up. Especially Hero.

Comment

As of now, I feel Hero is still deeply ensconced in the "Entry Level Bubble", call it a shell if you will, that they have built around themselves. It will take a lot of upheaval to script a comeback. They seem to be out of touch with the ground reality at the moment.

Simply bathing a two-decade old design in gold livery might catch the eyes of the people living in the interiors of India, but it will surely invite brickbats from the English-speaking, Smartphone-toting youth of today.

Comment

Originally posted by BishakhFlynn View Post
                              Simply bathing a two-decade old design in gold livery might catch the eyes of the people living in the interiors of India, but it will surely invite brickbats from the English-speaking, Smartphone-toting youth of today.
                              When they did that i was like, are they just gonna keep changing colours or will they ever introduce a bike which attracts Indian masses like a rage? Splendour had its time, which was changed previously with the pulsars and then eventually with the track models like the Baby Rs and Blades, which now coupled with some deadly combination of streetfighters are ruling them out.

Hero and TVS are two entites who are playing it pretty close to the chest. Hope they bring out a big surprise for us. A good one indeed.. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X