There are A Lot of cars Across Different Segments Which offer Automatic Gear-Box in their Cars. But They either come in Fully Loaded Versions or Automatic with options of ABS & AirBags in them.
So why Indians Prefer Manual Versions as I know is :
1. Mileage : They always think Manual Versions give better Mileage & in some cases they are Right ! But what About
2. Convinience : They are satisfied with Manual version. Even they think Automatic is more Cumbersome to Drive !
3. Driver's Choice : Many People Hire Drivers to drive the cars & Drivers Hate Automatics & Some Love them as Less Strain on changing Gears Frequently. But Automatic's are more convinient in Cities due to Heavy Traffic !
4. Manual versions are Cheap : Even in Lower End Cars its Available ! Where as Automatics only Top-End Models.
5. It Needs Practice : A Lot of Automatic Car Owners feel Absurd after Buying A Merc E Class or BMW i-Drive. Which many feel Cumbersome to Drive. Merc E Class offers its auto gear shifter @ Steering Wheel. Just like Old Fiat PAL !. Even when Skoda launched it's Superb Model in India. It was only Available in Automatic & after Customers complained. They had to change it to A Manual version !
6. Manual Versions have Better Control of the Vehicle rather than Automatic : This is still a Contraversy. So All Rally Car Drivers including formula 1 use either Manual or Paddle shifters. Which are More controllable in Higher Speeds.
But Even Bugatti Veryon Comes with DSG (Direct-Shift-Gear) Gear-Box not a Manual Version. But Hard-Core Race Fanatics Choice is Still an Manual Gear-Box rather than Automatic Version ?
So as of Now A lot of Automatic Gear-Box have Come including CTV & DSG & Many More. But Do you Prefer A Manual Gear-Box Over an Automatic ?
So Please Share Your Views & Suggestions on this Topic. Which will also Help others who are in a Dilema to buy an Manual or Automatic Version