Tata Tigor bookings have commenced across India and one can pre-book their compact sedan from today.
Tata is a company renowned for their products, including cars. The new Tigor is a compact sedan edition of the Tata Tiago hatchback model. The Tata Tigor is all set to hit the market on the 29th of this month when the compact sedan segment is just started growing. Going up against some of the others in this segment such as the Honda Amaze, Hyundai Xcent, Volkswagen Ameo and Ford Figo Aspire, the Tata car has one of the biggest advantage of them all, the price. Let us not forget that Tata was the company that introduced the country to the sub 4-metre sedan car.
- The front grille on the Tigor is quite nice with the hexagonal design elements
- It features a twin barrel headlamp with projector low beams and halogen high beams
- The petrol version of the Tigor gets 15-inch, diamond cut and black, two-tone wheels while the diesel gets a set of smaller 14-inchers
- The rear is what sets it apart – it has a coupe like styling of the roofline with a sleek boot integration
- It also sports high mounted subtle roof spoiler with the built in tail-lamp that glows end to end to the tail lamps
- The rear bumper has a large chunk of plastic that gives it a sportier edge
While the dashboard looks pretty similar to that on the Tiago, there are quite a few extra features and modifications on the Tigor.
- Touch-screen infotainment system with Mirrorlink
- The higher variants also get climate control
- Colour coded AC vent surrounds
- More space in the rear for passengers
- Rear bench seats get a flip down hand rest with two cup holders
- Rear seat headrests are non-adjustable but they have been designed to offer maximum comfort
Well, the Tata Tigor is packed with quite the engine, which adds to the performance making it the ideal family car.
- Both variants come with three-cylinder engines that have been carried forward from the Tiago hatch
- The petrol is a 1.2-litre motor making 84 BHP and 114 Nm of peak torque
- The turbocharged 1.05-litre diesel on the other hand is less powerful and makes only 69 BHP but makes a lot more torque at 140 Nm
- The longer and more planted wheelbase along with larger wheels and tyres takes riding a sedan a notch higher.
- The steering wheel has great ergonomics
- The Tigor gets Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) as standard and braking is impressive
- All Tata Tigor cars come with dual airbags
Get a comprehensive car insurance policy to protect your brand new Tata Tigor against any unprecedented damage or accidents. For a motor insurance policy with minimal paperwork and dedicated customer service, you can get it instantly from Royal Sundaram.
* This article is an advertorial.