- Design – Skoda’s design philosophy has always been to clean, premium lines that stand the test of time. The Slavia is no different. It looks proportionate, comes with well-styled wheels and even the quality of the paint is terrific. It looks modern today. And will look so even a decade or more from now. It is a rare car that looks good from every angle. What’s segment-defying in the Slavia is its ground clearance. 179 mm of it which is as much and more than some SUVs.
- Safety – The Skoda Slavia is based on the MQB-A0-IN architecture which means just like its sibling, the Kushaq, the Slavia also has very strong underpinnings. The Kushaq received a 5-star safety rating from the Global NCAP in October 2022 under GNCAP’s newer, more stringent testing norms. And its 5-stars is for both adult and child occupants, a feat no other Indian platform has achieved, yet. We expect the Slavia to get a similar rating very soon. The sedan is equipped with up to 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, hill hold control, electronic stability control, electronic differential locking, multi-collision braking, traction control, brake disc wiping, motor slip regulation and TPMS.
- Features – Being a new age car, the Skoda Slavia gets everything you expect from a premium sedan. For starters, it has a sunroof, a touchscreen infotainment system with Wireless Apple CarPlay & Android Auto, keyless go with push button start, automatic climate control, cruise control, digital instrument cluster, wireless charging, front ventilated seats and a whole lot more.
- Performance – To cater to buyers of every kind, Skoda is offering multiple powertrain options with the Slavia. You get a 1.0-litre TSI engine making 115 PS and you also have the option of equipping your Slavia with a 1.5-litre TSI Evo engine churning out 150 PS! Both the engines are offered with a 6-speed manual transmission. Also, the 1.0 TSI gets a 6-speed automatic transmission, while the 1.5 TSI gets the option of a 7-speed DSG. While both the engines offer really good performance, the 1.5 TSI also has cylinder deactivation technology to reduce your fuel consumption and plasma-coated cylinder liners for better heat dissipation.
- Pricing – For the package that the Skoda Slavia is, we think it offers incredible value for money. The vehicle has a starting price of Rs. 11.29 Lakh which goes up to Rs. 16.99 Lakh for the top-end manual variant. Meanwhile, prices for the automatic variants start at Rs. 14.29 Lakh and go up to Rs. 18.40 Lakh for the creamy 1.5 DSG variant (all prices, ex-showroom). The good thing is that even the base variants are very decently equipped with all the essential features so you never feel the car skimps on important stuff.
This was a gist on some of the USPs of the Skoda Slavia from our side. Do you own a Slavia? If yes, let us know how your experience with the car has been, in the comments below!