Maruti Suzuki has announced a marginal increase in the price of its models, excluding recently launched Eeco, Swift (Petrol) and Gypsy models. The price increase is to partly recover the increase in the input costs arising out of raw material costs over the past one year. For some models the increase in the costs are being absorbed by the company, in the light of market situation. The price increase varies from 0.12 per cent (Ritz VDi) to 1.90 per cent (Dzire LXi). The introductory prices for the refreshed Estilo, which was introduced in August 2009, stand withdrawn. The new prices for Estilo variants increase by Rs 1,243/- to Rs 2,486/-.
Following are the increase in prices of Maruti Suzuki models : –
- 800, Omni, Alto, A-Star and Ritz are dearer by Rs. 600/-
- SX4 will see an upward revision by Rs. 2000
- WagonR will now cost Rs. 3700/- more
- Swift diesel sees a hike of Rs. 6500/-
- Estilo is costlier by Rs. 1244-2487/-
- Swift Dzire prices have gone up by Rs. 10,000/-