Renault has just announced its plans for India, ending the mystery of which cars they would be getting in the next 1 year. In a media event at Delhi, where the company handed over the keys to the first 14 Fluence customers, who are the first buyers from the 14 Renault dealers in the country. The future product plans were revealed for India. Present on the occasion was Mr. Katsumi Nakamure, Executive VP (Head of Asia/Africa Region), Mr. Jerome Stoll, EVP (Global Sales and Marketing) and Mr. Philippe Klein, EVP (Products, Planning and Programs).
The senior management team from Renault has announced the following today –
- Five car launches by 2012-end.
- Next car to be launched would be the Renault Koleos in 2011.
- The Duster would be launched in the second half of 2012.
- The Duster would be manufactured in India.
- Renault will display their small car for India at the 2012 Auto Expo.
- The small car will fight with the Maruti Swift, head on. It is designed in Renault’s Design Studio in Mumbai will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan production facility in Oragadam, near Chennai.
- Another car will be launched in India next year after the small car and the Duster SUV. It will be a sedan. Other details of this vehicle were not revealed.
- Renault will manufacture all its cars in India. No CBUs.
- The Ultra Low Cost (ULC) with Bajaj has been dropped. The company avoided all questions related to it and said that Bajaj car is not on their radar and they will concentrate only on these 5 products.
- India along with Brazil and Russia are key focus markets for Renault.
- The Renault Fluence was present at this event, and a video of the Duster was shown.
- The company will deliver 250 units of the Fluence by the end of this month.
– Ankit Sethi