With the reveal of the Tata Punch done with, now the wait begins for its launch
The official reveal of the Tata Motors Punch has taken place today and bookings for the small crossover have also commenced.
Tata has notified that the booking amount for the Punch is Rs. 21,000/- and customers can also book the car online.
Built on the Agile Light Flexible Advanced (ALFA) Architecture, the Punch is 3827 mm long, 1945 mm wide (with mirrors), 1615 mm tall and has a wheelbase of 2445 mm.
The automaker had revealed the design, both exterior and interior, of the small crossover through teaser videos and images. It looks like an SUV, a shrunken one at that, and is only the size of a hatchback.
Inside, there is Granite Black dashboard with Glacier Grey inserts, body coloured AC vents, fabric seats with signature tri-arrow pattern and leather wrapped steering wheel and gear knob (top grade).
Instead of offering the car in set grades, Tata will sell it in ‘Personas’. Below are the list of Personas and some of the features each come with –
Pure – This variant is MT only, is available in 2 colour choices – Daytona Grey and Orcus White – and weighs 1000 kg.
- Humanity Chrome line
- LED indicators
- Tilt steering
- Front power windows
- Central locking
- Custom ‘Rhythm’ pack includes 4-inch touchscreen, 4 speakers and steering audio controls
Adventure – This grade comes with both MT and AMT comes with Tropical Mist shade and weighs 1010 kg.
- 4-inch infotainment system
- 4 speakers
- Steering mounted controls
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs
- Powered windows
- USB ports
- Anti-glare IRVM
- Central remote locking
- ‘Follow-Me-Home’ headlamps
- Custom ‘Rhythm’ pack – 7-inch Harman infotainment touchscreen, 2 tweeters, Android Auto and Apple CarPlay and Rear camera
Accomplished – Offered in Meteor Bronze colour with black roof, it has both MT and AMT options and weighs 1023 kg.
- 7-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- 4 speakers and 2 tweeters
- Rear-view camera
- Front fog lights with cornering function
- LED tail lamps
- 15-inch ‘Hyper Style’ wheels
- Push button start-stop
- One-touch-down door window
- Cruise control
- Driver seat height adjustment
- Traction Pro mode (AMT only)
- Custom ‘Dazzle’ pack – 16-inch diamond cut alloys, projector headlamps, LED DRLs and blacked (taped) A-pillars
Creative – Calypso Red and Tornado Blue (with white roof) are the colourways this Persona comes with. It weighs the most at 1035 kg as it is packed with features like –
- Projector headlamps
- Auto headlamps
- LED DRLs
- 16-inch diamond cut alloy wheels
- Roof rails
- 7-inch digital instrument display
- Leather steering wheel and gear knob
- Auto-folding ORVMs
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Automatic temperature control
- Cooled glove box
- Rear wiper and defogger
- Puddle lamps
- Rear armrest
- Optional iRA connected car tech
In all, the colour choices that the Punch comes with include – Atomic Orange, Calypso Red, Daytona Grey, Meteor Bronze, Orcus White, Tornado Blue and Tropical Mist. There are dual tone options with Black and White roof colours too.
Power comes from a 1199cc, 3-cylinder naturally aspirated petrol engine putting out 86 PS and 113 Nm of torque. It comes mated to a 5-speed manual or a 5-speed AMT.
While the AMT models come with TractionPro Mode, the Punch also features drive modes (City and Eco), idle start-stop feature and a 37 litre fuel tank.
What’s more, during the Tata Punch reveal event, it was disclosed that the crossover has a 20.3-degree approach angle, 37.6-degree departure angle, 22.2-degree ramp over angle, 370 mm water wading capability and 190 mm of ground clearance.
Sporting independent front suspension and semi-independent rear suspension, disc brakes up front and drum jobbies at the rear, the base model of the Punch rides on 185/70-R15 wheels, whereas the top trim gets 195/60-R16 wheels.
In terms of safety there are dual front airbags, ABS, EBD, Corner Safety Control (CSC), Brake Sway Control (BSC), ISOFIX anchor points, parametric alarm system, seat belt reminders for front occupants and a tyre puncture repair kit on offer with the car.