Volvo has launched the S60 in India in 3 variants. The Volvo S60 D5 Kinetic is priced at Rs. 27 lakh, the S60 D5 Summum is priced at Rs. 32 lakh whereas the petrol S60 T6 Summum is priced at Rs. 34 lakh (all prices ex-showroom, Mumbai). The S60 T6 is powered by a 3000cc, 6-cylinder engine producing 304hp of power, helping the car to reach from 0-100kmph in just 6.5 seconds. Mated to a 6-speed automatic gearbox, the T6 motor delivers a fuel efficiency of 9.8 kmpl. The D5 is powered by a twin-turbo 5-cylinder motor producing 205hp of power and 420Nm of torque. The D5 powerplant helps the S60 to accelerate from 0-100kmph in 8.1 seconds. The new S60 also features City Safety as standard, as seen on its bigger brother the XC60. The system can reduce or even entirely avoid low speed rear-end impacts at speeds up to 18mph.
Safety Features On The Volvo S60 : –
- Driver Alert Control (DAC). A unique technology to alert tired and distracted drivers. This function monitors the car’s progress between the lane markers and warns the driver if his or her driving pattern changes in a random or uncontrolled way.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) helps detect vehicles in the rear blind spot on both sides of the car. A warning lamp beside the relevant door mirror comes on to alert the driver to the danger.
- Active Bi-Xenon Lights are articulated headlights that follow the curve of the road. For best possibility illumination when driving in the dark on twisting roads.
- Lane Departure Warning alerts the driver if the car runs across the lane markers without the turn indicator being used.
- Advanced Side Impact Protection System
- Seat-mounted side airbags
- Improved Inflatable Curtains
- Whiplash Protection System