Suzuki has sold more than two million units of the Swift globally after six years from its launch. The Swift was launched first in Japan in 2004 and is now sold in 124 countries in the world. The Swift is the quickest Suzuki model to reach this production milestone. Out of the two million Swifts sold, 39% were sold in India, making it the biggest market for the Swift in the whole world.
Significant Suzuki Swift milestones : –
* Nov. 2004 Swift goes on market in Japan as Suzuki’s first world strategic model.
* Feb. 2005 Production begins in Hungary.
* May 2005 Production begins in India.
* Jun. 2005 Production begins in China.
* Sep. 2005 Swift Sport goes on market in Japan.
* Nov. 2005 Swift wins 2006 RJC Car of the Year Award and 2005–2006 Car of the Year Japan “Most Fun” award.
* Jun. 2008 Cumulative worldwide production reaches one million units.
* Jun. 2010 Production of new Swift for Europe begins in Hungary.
* Sep. 2010 New Swift goes on market in Japan.
* Nov. 2010 New Swift wins 2011 RJC Car of the Year Award.
* Dec. 2010 Cumulative worldwide production reaches two million units.
* Jan. 2011 Cumulative worldwide sales reach two million units.