TNS Automotive has released the findings of the 2010 four wheeler total customer satisfaction (TCS) study which was conducted with the responses of 9,300 new car buyers. Covering 56 models taking sales satisfaction, after sales service, product quality, brand image, vehicle performance and design and cost of ownership in consideration, the study revealed lower satisfaction in car owners in North India compared to buyers elsewhere in the country. Also customers in big cities were more satisfied than the ones in small cities.
The owners of Tata Nano were least satisfied and are expecting better design, whereas Maruti 800 owners expect better servicing The satisfaction scores in the Upper Premium Compact, Premium Midsize and Premium SUVs are among the highest, revealing high end customers being more satisfied.The overall score has remained the same at 90 points, indicating highly stable user relationships.
Top Ranking Models
- Entry Compact – Maruti Alto
- Premium Compact – Maruti Zen Estilo and Maruti A Star (Jointly)
- Upper Premium Compact – Volkswagen Polo and Maruti Swift (Jointly)
- Entry Midsize – Maruti Swift DZire
- Midsize – Honda City and Ford Fiesta (Jointly)
- Premium Midsize – Toyota Corolla Altis
- Entry Luxury – Volkswagen Passat
- SUV/ MPV – Toyota Innova and Mahindra Scorpio (Jointly)
- Premium SUV – Honda CRV
Source – IIFL