Japanese automaker Toyota has finally launched the second generation Innova in Indonesia and the vehicle gets 2 engine and transmission options in a total of 12 variants.
The 2016 Toyota Innova is arguably one of the most awaited vehicle this year in India as well as global markets. The Japanese auto giant has now launched the MPV in Indonesia and it is priced from IDR 282 million (Rs. 13.59 lakhs) for the base variant. In the Indonesian market, the vehicle is being made available in 12 variants – 6 petrol and 6 diesel. There are a total of 3 trims on offer – G, V and Q and each one of them will be offered with both petrol and diesel engines and all the trims get the option of a manual or automatic transmission.
The second generation Toyota Innova is based on a re-enforced ladder-frame platform of the Hilux Revo and the MPV measures 4735 mm, 1830 mm and 1795 mm in length, width and height respectively. The vehicle also has a wheelbase of 2750 mm. The new Innova sees a whole lot of changes to the outside and the vehicle now looks significantly modern. It does have few quirky bits though. The insides have also seen a sea of changes and the Innova now comes with a lot of new features.
Powering the 2016 Toyota Innova is an all-new 2.4-litre GD diesel engine and a 2.0-litre petrol engine too. Both the engines are offered with a 5-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic transmission. The base trim G comes with an infotainment system with a 7-inch touchscreen, voice commands and Bluetooth. The mid variant V comes with ambient LED lighting, TFT screen for the MID, 8-inch infotainment system and automatic climate control while the top variant Q comes with a Smart Entry Key too.
The G and V variants come with 3 airbags, ABS and EBD as standard while the Q variant also gets side and curtain airbags, VSC and Hill Start Assist. The vehicle will be showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo in February and it will be launched in the Indian market later in 2016. The Innova has always been a segment leader and the new model will be significantly expensive and yet it is expected to sell like hot cakes.
2016 Toyota Innova Petrol Prices –
* Innova G MT – IDR 282 million (Rs. 13.59 lakhs)
* Innova G AT – IDR 302.2 million (Rs. 14.56 lakhs)
* Innova V MT – IDR 325.6 million (Rs. 15.74 lakhs)
* Innova V AT – IDR 345.2 million (Rs. 16.69 lakhs)
* Innova Q MT – IDR 364.7 million (Rs. 17.58 lakhs)
* Innova Q AT – IDR 384.8 million (Rs. 18.6 lakhs)
2016 Toyota Innova Diesel Prices –
* Innova G MT – IDR 310.1 million (Rs. 14.95 lakhs)
* Innova G AT – IDR 331.6 million (Rs. 16.05 lakhs)
* Innova V MT – IDR 357.5 million (Rs. 17.23 lakhs)
* Innova V AT – IDR 377.3 million (Rs. 18.18 lakhs)
* Innova Q MT – IDR 402.4 million (Rs. 19.39 lakhs)
* Innova Q AT – IDR 423.8 million (Rs. 20.43 lakhs)