The 2017 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R will be using a 4-cylinder power unit, which will be a first for its kind. The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R will have no direct competition.
Recently, the Japanese giant, Kawasaki launched supercharged motorcycles, the H2 and H2R. These bikes have more power than a number of mid-size luxury cars out in the market. The legendary bike manufacturer has been experimenting quite a lot over its past few models too. One among those ventures is the making of a 4-cylinder 250cc engine that is touted to be used on the Ninja ZX-25R.
The newest Ninja will feature a 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC petrol motor that produces a whopping 40 HP @ 12,000 RPM and a peak torque of 30 Nm @ 9000 RPM. A stock 6-speed manual transmission will be in place for the sports bike. It will be interesting to see what Kawasaki does to the kerb weight once it is in production.
The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R will resemble its bigger sibling, the meaty ZX-10R in more than one way. Bodywork, graphics and even a frontal air scoop is set to be derived from the 1000cc beast. All the lamps on the bike are LED, and the turn indicators are mounted in a different way than before, much like the Honda CBR250RR.
The 250cc hunk will be using the same chassis as its Ninja twins. As for the suspension setup, an aluminium swingarm with adjustable monoshock at the rear, and front USD forks make up the unit. The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R is all set to be released in Indonesia by the end of 2016 or by the beginning of 2017. It will be priced close to Rs. 4 lakhs in Indian money in the Indonesian market.
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-25R
– Kawasaki has already experimented quite a lot with the H2 and H2R motorcycles
– A 4-cylinder engine for a 250cc bike is quite a surprise given the capacity that is required
– It will also be fascinating to see the overall performance and kerb weight of the motorcycle
– From the outside, the new 250cc bike will resemble the Ninja ZX-10R and also the Ninja 300
– It is set to be released by the end of 2016 or by the start of 2017
Source – Iwanbanaran.com