Hyundai India has launched two new variants of the i20 with two new engine options and automatic transmission. The diesel i20 gets a 1.4 litre CRDi unit with a maximum power of 90PS @ 4000rpm and a maximum torque of 224NM between 1750-2750rpm. The Petrol motor is a 1.4 litre unit known as Gamma and develops a maximum power of 100PS @ 5500rpm and maximum torque of 139Nm @ 4200rpm. The 1.4 litre Petrol is available only with 4 speed automatic transmission.
The i20 Asta (O) gets sunroof and rear disc brakes (another first for the segment). The i20 CRDi and i20 Gamma Automatic is available in seven colours – red, black, grey metallic, white, blue, silky beige and red.
The pricing of the new variants of the Hyundai i20 is as follows : –
- Hyundai i20 Diesel Magna – Rs. 6,19,800/-
- Hyundai i20 Diesel Asta – Rs. 6,83,431/-
- Hyundai i20 Diesel Asta (O) – Rs. 7,20,430/-
- Hyundai i20 Gamma 1.4 Petrol AT Asta – Rs. 7,31,130/-
- Hyundai i20 Gamma 1.4 Petrol AT (O) – Rs. 7,72,301/-