Maruti Suzuki has launched the Kizashi in India, which is the company’s first offering in the upper end of the Indian car market. It is manufactured at Suzuki Motor Corporation’s Sagara plant in Japan and will be imported into India as a Completely Built-up Unit (CBU). Kizashi will be available in India in two variants – Manual Transmission (MT) priced at Rs. 16.5 lakhs and Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) priced at Rs. 17.5 lakhs (all prices ex-showroom, New Delhi). The Kizashi is powered by a 2.4 liter DOHC J–Series engine that has a maximum output of 178 PS @ 6,500rpm and a maximum torque of 230Nm @ 4,000rpm. It offers fuel efficiency of 12.53 Kmpl (CVT) and 12.45 Kmpl (6-speed MT).
- Recipient of five star rating in US NCAP crash tests.
- 6 Air bags (Driver & Co-driver, 2- Front Side, 2-curtain)
- *ESP® :Electronic Stability Program with traction control
- ABS with EBD
- Projector Headlamp
- Hill Hold Control (HHC) in CVT variant
- ISO fix child seat anchorage
Comfort and Convenience
- 10-way power seat for driver with 3-position memory
- 4-way power seat for Co-driver
- Smart key entry & advanced keyless push start system
- Paddle shift in CVT variant
- Tilt & Telescopic steering wheel adjustment
- Multi-functional steering wheel with Audio Control and Cruise Control switches
- CD/MP3/USB Audio system
- One touch Up/Down front power windows with Anti-pinch function
- Sunvisor with Illuminated vanity mirror
- Glove box with illumination
- Electrically adjustable and retractable ORVM
The Kizashi will be available in ‘Snow White Pearl’, ‘Super Black Pearl’ and ‘Premium Silver Metallic’ colors. Kizashi can be booked with an initial deposit of Rs 50,000/- at any Maruti Suzuki Dealers immediately. Deliveries for Kizashi will begin in March 2011.