Bajaj Auto has launched the new Pulsar 135LS bike. The Pulsar 135LS is powered by a 4-valve DTS-i mill delivering 13.5PS of power. The bike boasts of sporty split-seat, aluminum clip-on handlebars, and a host of other features along with performance comparable to other 150cc bikes. The light kerb weight of only 122 kg gives it a great Power-to-weight ratio of 110.6 Ps/tonne to make it optimum balance of agility and comfort. The all new Pulsar 135 LS (Light Sport), the first of its kind in India, is designed to add a whole new dimension to the motorcycle market by creating a new Light Sports segment. The bike is priced at Rs. 51,000/- (ex showroom, Delhi).
Equipped with a light-weight yet rigid frame, aided by gas-charged Nitrox shock absorbers at the rear, the Pulsar 135LS delivers class-leading top-end power, due to its 2-inlet and 2-outlet valves and ample pulling power in the low and mid-range. This is possible due to the light-weight character of the four smaller valves (as opposed to two heavier valves), which allow the engine to effortlessly rev to 10,500 RPM (electronically limited). And since safety is paramount on any Pulsar, DC lighting and a 240mm disc brake up front comes as standard. The bike will be manufactured from the Chakan Plant and will have a capacity of 35000 bikes per month.
About superior 4 -valve DTS-i engine in Pulsar 135LS : –
A 4-Valve engine is designed for better performance than regular a 2-Valve engine. Combined with the revolutionary DTS-i (Digital Twin Spark-ignition) technology which maximizes combustion to deliver enhanced power and superior mileage with low emissions, the Pulsar 135 LS has one of the most efficient production engines ever.
- More power: The 4 valve provides for a greater intake and exhaust area resulting in more power, almost equivalent a 2 valve 150cc engine.
- Sustained top end power: The light-weight character of the four smaller valves (as opposed to two heavier valves), which allow the engine to effortlessly rev to an eye-popping 10,500 rpm (electronically limited)!
- Sporty ride: Given the wider rpm band, the engine can be revved hard and high in each gear resulting in a genuine sporty ride.
- More Mileage: Established superiority of DTS-i blended with 4 valve not only enhances the performance but also returns a very good fuel economy (68.1 km/l certified by ARAI)
- More green: Comfortably meets BSIII regulations.