Nissan has launched the Terrano in India which is a re-badged version of the popular Renault Duster. The Terrano comes at a good time for Nissan as the company isn’t doing that well in sales lately. Although a Duster underneath, Nissan designers have worked extensively to give the Terrano an identity of its own. The Terrano’s front takes heavy inspiration from bigger Nissan SUVs which makes it look very attractive while the changes at the side aren’t that massive. The rear sees new tail lights and overall the Nissan Terrano does end up looking more attractive than the Duster.
On the interior front, while the dashboard is the same as the Duster, the Terrano gets a new centre console and steering wheel. The cabin does look more upmarket but the space inside is the same as the Duster, which means there is quite a lot of room for passengers. Nissan has skipped on steering mounted audio controls which is a shocking omission at this price, more so considering the cheaper Duster comes with it. The ergonomic flaws haven’t been addressed either which means you have to engage the handbrake to adjust the rear view mirrors.
Read The Nissan Terrano Review
The Nissan Terrano is offered in five trims – XE, XL, XL+, XV and XV Premium. Powering the petrol Terrano is a 1.6-litre engine which produces 104 PS of power and 145 Nm of torque. The diesel Terrano is offered in two states of tune. The 1.5-litre k9k mill belts out 85 PS of power and 200 Nm of torque in lower spec while the higher spec motor generates 110 PS of power and 248 Nm of torque. All engines are mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. ARAI mileage of the petrol Terrano is 13.24 km/l while the 85 PS diesel returns 20.46 km/l and the 110 PS diesel has a fuel economy of 19.01 km/l. The Nissan Terrano is offered in 6 colours – silver, grey, bronze, white, black and red.
Nissan Terrano Price –
Nissan Terrano Petrol –
* Terrano XL – Rs. 9.79 lakhs
Nissan Terrano Diesel –
* Terrano 85 PS XE – Rs. 9.60 lakhs
* Terrano 85 PS XL – Rs. 10.66 lakhs
* Terrano 85 PS XL+ – Rs. 10.94 lakhs
* Terrano 110 PS XL – Rs. 11.33 lakhs
* Terrano 110 PS XV – Rs. 12.16 lakhs
* Terrano 110 PS XV Premium – Rs. 12.46 lakhs
Renault Duster Price –
Renault Duster Petrol –
* Duster RxE – Rs. 7.99 lakhs
* Duster RxL – Rs. 9.27 lakhs
Renault Duster Diesel –
* Duster 85 PS RxE – Rs. 8.73 lakhs
* Duster 85 PS RxL – Rs. 9.73 lakhs
* Duster 85 PS RxL Option – Rs. 10.96 lakhs
* Duster 110 PS RxL – Rs. 11.05 lakhs
* Duster 110 PS RxZ – Rs. 11.65 lakhs
* Duster 110 PS RxZ Plus – Rs. 12.13 lakhs
* Duster 110 PS RxZ Option – Rs. 12.18 lakhs
(all prices ex-showroom, Delhi).