Renault has launched the much awaited facelifted Duster in the Indian market. It gets multiple changes on the inside and the outside and gets AMT as an option too.
Before the launch of the Duster, Renault was a relatively unknown brand in India with most people not even aware of its presence in the sub-continent. But, once they launched the Duster, everyone went gaga over the car and the French brand gained popularity. Having the first mover advantage, the compact SUV saw strong demand. But, over time things have changed.
With newer competitors in the market, the Renault Duster started feeling very old. To take care of the same, Renault has launched the updated Duster priced between Rs. 8.47 – 13.56 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). The SUV sees multiple changes all around with the biggest one being the addition of a 6-speed AMT.
2016 Renault Duster Changes –
- Refreshed front fascia and rear end design
- LED tail lamps and new head lamps
- New 5-spoke alloys gunmetal finish alloys
- New interiors theme with better quality materials
- Rear view camera
- Automatic climate control air-conditioner
- Auto-up/down windows
- New infotainment system
The above mentioned changes make the Renault Duster a better package. But, all the changes come at a price. The base petrol variant is priced at Rs. 8.47 lakhs while the top-end AWD variant is priced at 13.57 lakhs. The AMT is offered in two variants priced at Rs. 11.67 lakhs and Rs. 12.87 lakhs. There is no option of an AMT with AWD which is a downer.
Renault Duster Facelift
– Comes with 32 changes
– The Renault Duster comes in 4 trims and a total of 12 variants
– AMT gearbox offered only with the 110 PS engine
– No option of AMT and AWD together
*All prices mentioned are ex-showroom, Delhi.