It is well known to all of you that after slumpy sales for the past few years, the auto market started posting decent numbers. The sales of June 2014 have seen an increment of 15%, the largest leap in the past 10 months. Both Indian and foreign companies have been on the happier side and as usual the happiest of all was Maruti Suzuki. The figures go like this –
1) Maruti Alto – Once again claiming the top spot by dethroning its elder sibling DZire, the Alto claimed the crown by clocking 30,499 units, a whopping jump of 76% on MoM basis. In the month of May 2014, Maruti sold 17,311 units of this entry level family car.
2) Maruti Wagon R – Yep you read it right. The second position belongs to the Wagon boy which overtook the Swift brothers. The Wagon R saw a MoM increase of 46% as 17,119 units were rolled out of showrooms.
3) Maruti Swift DZire – Hey guys, I managed to grab a podium finish; is what the country’s largest selling compact sedan says. It looks like the hot seller has some steam in it as it recorded a 16% MoM on the negative side; the company sold 15,990 units of the DZire last month.
4) Maruti Swift – The poorest performer in the top 10 list with sales dropping by 24% on a MoM basis, the Swift managed a consolation spot with sales tallying 13,632 units.
5) Mahindra Bolero – The only UV in the top 10 is none other than the country’s own 13 year old Bolero. Though sales dropped down by almost 11% on MoM basis, the Indian automaker sold 7909 units in June.
6) Hyundai Grand i10 – The Korean’s hottest selling vehicle, the Grand i10 hatchback trailed the Bolero by just 8 units with the figure of 7901 units on the sales chart last month.
7) Honda City – The car which has been the key element for the Japanese automaker, the City reached 7715 happy customers. The City has won the hearts of the young population with beautiful figures tagged on it.
8) Honda Amaze – The younger sibling of the City has climbed up into the top 10 charts by claiming the 8th spot with 7073 units against its name; the very same car stood 14th in the month of May.
9) Hyundai Xcent – The third largest selling compact sedan has slipped down a couple of spots but still managed to be in the elite 10 with 7069 units on the board. It trailed the Amaze by the slimmest margin, 4 units.
10) Hyundai Eon – The sweet little city oriented Korean buggy grabbed the last place on the top 10 sales chart counting 6579 units, a 4.4% increase in MoM sales.