Toyota has finally introduced the much awaited 4×4 version, completing the Fortuner lineup.
The Toyota Fortuner Legender 4×4 comes with a price tag of Rs. 42.33 lakhs (ex-showroom). This variant is around Rs. 3.70 lakhs more expensive than the 4×2 trim.
While the 4×2 comes with an on-road Mumbai price of Rs. 46.79 lakhs, the Legender 4×4 will easily cross the Rs. 50 lakhs mark.
The Legender trim is only available with a 2.8-litre diesel engine mated to a 6-speed auto transmission. This motor produces 204 PS and 500 Nm torque. There is no petrol engine option with this trim.
Toyota is offering an exclusive 11 speaker JBL system for the 4×4 version. That’s about it, there are no other exterior or interior changes compared to the 4×2 version.
The Japanese carmaker only offers the Pearl White paint with black roof contrast for the Legender variants. Some of the features are as follows
- Catamaran Style Front & Rear Bumpers
- Front Grille with Piano Black Accents
- 18-inch Multi-layered Machine Cut Finished Alloy Wheels
- Split Quad-LED Headlamps with DRLs
- Sequential Turn Indicators
- Dual Tone Black Roof
- Dual Tone (Black + Maroon) interior theme
- 11 JBL Speakers including Subwoofer
- Contrast Stitching for Steering Wheel & Console Box
- Interior Ambient Illumination (Instrument Panel, Front Door Trim, Front Foot-well areas)
- Superior Suction-based Seat Ventilation System (Front Row)
- Rear USB Port
- Kick Sensor for Power Back Door
- Wireless Smartphone Charger
Since its launch in January 2021, Toyota has sold more than 2700 units of the Legender 4×2, which is quite impressive considering the price. With the introduction of the more capable variant, we believe there will be a lot more takers for the 4×4 trim of the Fortuner Legender.