The new generation Ford Figo hatchback comes with 6 airbags making it the safest car in its segment while the 6-speed automatic transmission is also on offer.
Joining its on-sale Figo Aspire in the market, Ford India has officially launched the much awaited new generation Figo hatchback in the country with prices starting at Rs. 4.3 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi). Based the same yet heavily revised chassis, the new Figo gets a completely redesigned body shell, in addition to a host of new features and powertrain shared with the Aspire compact sedan. The American auto giant has also extended the six airbags and 6-speed autobox to the hatchback giving it a considerable edge in the crowded B-segment. Here is everything you need to know about Ford’s newest offering.
Design – A major departure from the previous generation model, the 2015 Ford Figo carries the same design language as the sedan derivative and is in-line with the automaker’s global design philosophy. You get the hexagonal shaped chrome induced grille up front flanked by sweptback bulbous headlights. The alloy wheels and ORVMs are shared with the Aspire and the side profile too remains the same up till the C-pillar. The rear features a small boot-lid with smartly designed tail lights, while the rear bumper holds the registration plate enclosure. The chunky chrome bar seen on the sedan has been given a miss.
Interiors – Inside the new generation Ford Figo hatchback, things are different than the Aspire as the dual-tone beige and black cabin has been replaced with an all-black one. Adding some contrast are the brushed silver inserts on the multi-function steering wheel, centre console, AC vents and door pads while the premium piano black finish has been given a miss. The seats too are finished in black fabric upholstery.
In terms of features, the 2015 Ford Figo hatchback gets the same three-pod instrument cluster with an MID unit, while the top-end variants get automatic climate control, electrically adjustable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators, keyless entry and a rear defogger. The lower variants get the MyFord Dock unit which holds your smartphone, audio system with radio, AUX, USB, Bluetooth connectivity and 4 speakers. The top-end trims get a 4.2-inch infotainment system for the SYNC system with voice control and AppLink unit, Ford MyKey and Emergency Assistance.
Engines – Power on the new generation Ford Figo hatchback comes from three engine and two transmission options inclusive of a –
* 1.2-litre 4-cylinder Ti-VCT petrol unit producing 88 PS at 6300 RPM and 112 Nm of torque at 4000 RPM, paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
* 1.5-litre 4-cylinder TDCi diesel producing 100 PS at 3750 RPM and 215 Nm of torque between 1750-3000 RPM, paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.
* 1.5 4-cylinder Ti-VCT petrol producing 112 PS at 6300 RPM and 136 Nm of torque at 4250 RPM, paired to a 6-speed automatic gearbox.
Safety – Much like the Figo Aspire, Ford has not compromised on the safety levels of the hatchback as all variants of the 2015 Figo get dual airbags as standard. The range-topping Titanium variants come with 6 airbags (front, side and curtain) along with ABS, EBD and ESP. The automatic variants add Hill Start Assist and TCS to the safety features list.
Fuel Efficiency – In terms of fuel efficiency, the new generation Ford Figo returns the following ARAI certified mileage –
* 1.2 Ti-VCT MT – 18.16 km/l
* 1.5 Ti-VCT AT – 17 km/l
* 1.5 TDCi MT – 25.83 km/l
2015 Ford Figo Petrol Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) –
* Figo 1.2 MT Base – Rs. 4,29,900/-
* Figo 1.2 MT Ambiente – Rs. 4,56,600/-
* Figo 1.2 MT Trend – Rs. 5,00,600/-
* Figo 1.2 MT Trend+ – Rs. 5,25,600/-
* Figo 1.2 MT Titanium – Rs. 5,75,600/-
* Figo 1.2 MT Titanium+ – Rs. 6,40,600/-
* Figo 1.5 AT Titanium – Rs. 6,91,600/-
2015 Ford Figo Diesel Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi) –
* Figo 1.5 MT Base – Rs. 5,29,900/-
* Figo 1.5 MT Ambiente – Rs. 5,62,600/-
* Figo 1.5 MT Trend – Rs. 5,97,600/-
* Figo 1.5 MT Trend+ – Rs. 6,22,600/-
* Figo 1.5 MT Titanium – Rs. 6,72,600/-
* Figo 1.5 MT Titanium+ – Rs. 7,40,600/-
All prices are introductory
The previous generation Ford Figo was an instant success and managed to transform the automaker’s fortunes in the country. Ford’s first mass market offering offered brilliant driving dynamics and good amount of space, which has been carried over on the new generation model as well. The new Figo is being produced at the company’s state-of-the-art facility in Sanand, Gujarat that has helped the company achieve higher levels of localisation while the retail distribution of genuine parts is an initiative made to reduce the cost of ownership.