Jaguar has given a mild nip and tuck facelift to its S-Class competitor, the XJ-L. The vehicle gets jazzier on the outside as well as the inside.
Exteriors – The Jaguar XJ has a very classy and elegant design and the saloon screams of road presence because it looks just regal while running down our roads. The 2016 model gets some minor changes now and the vehicle benefits from full LED headlights and J-Blade signature LED DRLs. The front bumper also gets a small refresh and comes with chrome trims while the large grille gets a proper mesh treatment. The tail lights also get a slightly new design now and the LED pipes are said to be brighter and more efficient.
Interiors – Moving to the interiors, the luxo barge gets a 31.2 cm TFT screen that shows a lot of useful information like speed, fuel, temperature and the entire virtual display has a new GUI. While both the front seats get 5 massage functions, the rear is also extremely luxurious with reclining seats with 3 massage programmes. The rear also gets 25.90 cm HD screens to keep passengers entertained.
Engines – There are no mechanical changes to the Jaguar XJ and it is offered with a choice of two engines –
* 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 237 HP of power at 5500 RPM and 340 Nm of torque at 1750 RPM, paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission
* 3.0-litre, V6 diesel engine producing 271 HP of power at 4000 RPM and 600 Nm of torque at 3500 RPM, paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission
Safety – The 2016 Jaguar XJ is loaded with safety features like front and side airbags for the driver and front passenger and curtain airbags, Pedestrian Contact Sensing, Automatic Speed Limiter, ABS, EBD, Track Dynamic Stability Control and a lot more.
2016 Jaguar XJ Prices (ex-showroom, Mumbai, pre-octroi) –
* XJ Diesel Premium Luxury – Rs. 98.03 lakhs
* XJ Petrol Portfolio – Rs. 99.23 lakhs
* XJ Diesel Portfolio – Rs. 1.05 crores