The 2017 Hero Glamour SV’s name has been changed to New Glamour, the older Glamour FI has been discontinued.
Hero MotoCorp has renamed the Glamour SV to just New Glamour, thereby removing the SV credential. The older Glamour is still retained in the portfolio, but the FI (Fuel Injected) version of the older bike has been discontinued.
Instead, the New Glamour gains the FI version. Both the New Glamour (carburetted) and the New Glamour FI are powered by a 124.7cc, 4-stroke engine. However, the power output in the carburetted version is 11.4 HP while in the FI variant it is 11.53 HP. The torque figure at 11 Nm is same for both the versions, but that peak torque of 11 Nm comes in 500 RPM earlier for the FI variant.
While the New Glamour comes with a fuel tank capacity of 11-litres, while the FI version comes with a fuel tank capacity of 10-litres. The New Glamour FI also gets additional features like the Real-Time Mileage Indicator (RTMI) and Bank Angle Sensor that cuts power when the motorcycle is dropped.
The bike gets i3S technology but the FI variant misses out on this feature. The New Glamour is available in 4 colour schemes but the FI variant gets a choice of only 3 colours.
Prices for the entire Glamour range –
* Old Glamour Self Drum Alloy – Rs. 56,655/-
* Old Glamour Self Disc Alloy – Rs. 58,655/-
* New Glamour Self Drum Alloy – Rs. 59,430/-
* New Glamour Self Disc Alloy – Rs. 61,430/-
* New Glamour FI Self Disc Alloy – Rs. 70,280/-
(all prices, ex-showroom, Delhi)
2017 Hero Glamour SV
– 2017 Hero Glamour SV has been renamed to New Glamour
– Hero has discontinued the older Glamour FI variant
– The New Glamour FI gets Real-Time Mileage Indicator (RTMI) and Bank Angle Sensor features