Maruti launches the new Celerio with updated safety features.
Maruti’s A-segment hatchback, the Celerio has got a model year update to keep the competition alive with its rivals such as the Hyundai Santro and Tata Tiago. The car gets new additional safety features like ABS, dual airbags up front, speed warning system, driver and front passenger seat belt alert and reverse parking sensors. Driver airbags will be standard across all the variants and the car is now pedestrian, offset and side impact safety compliant.
This update has been done by the carmaker to meet the new safety norms of the government. There are no visual updates on the exterior or the interior. There are no additional features as well. The carmaker should have added the new Smartplay Studio infotainment system which made its debut with the new Wagon R.
In the festive season last year, the Celerio had received minor cosmetic updates, but this update won’t feature any cosmetic updates whatsoever. The Celerio is powered by the K10B 1.0-litre, three-cylinder petrol engine that produces 67 BHP and 90 Nm of torque. The Indian automaker also offers the Celerio in a CNG variant, with the engine producing 58 BHP and 78 Nm of torque. There is a 5-speed manual as well as an AMT gearbox available. The petrol engine has a claimed fuel efficiency of 23.1 km/l for both manual and AMT, whereas the CNG equipped Celerio has a claimed fuel efficiency of 31.76 km/kg.
2019 Maruti Celerio Price
* Celerio LXI – Rs. 4,30,675/-
* Celerio (Tour H2) – Rs. 4,36,468/-
* Celerio LXI (O) – Rs. 4,39,046/-
* Celerio VXI – Rs. 4,69,525/-
* Celerio VXI (O) – Rs. 4,76,644/-
* Celerio ZXI – Rs. 4,95,311/-
* Celerio VXI AMT – Rs. 5,12,525/-
* Celerio VXI AMT (O) – Rs. 5,19,644/-
* Celerio VXI CNG – Rs. 5,34,386/-
* Celerio ZXI (OPT) – Rs. 5,35,665/-
* Celerio ZXI AMT – Rs. 5,38,311/-
* Celerio VXI CNG (O) – Rs. 5,42,387/-
* Celerio ZXI AMT (O) – Rs. 5,47,666/-
* All prices ex-showroom, Delhi
2019 Maruti Celerio
– There are no cosmetic changes to the vehicle
– The company will omit the variant and brand badging from the exterior of the vehicle
– The engine will be the same K10B 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine with CNG option