Audi will launch their super car R8 in November this year. The R8 will cost over Rs. 1.17 crore. The Audi R8 car will be an addition to the company’s line of luxury sedans, including the A4, A6, A8, TT Coupe, and SUV Q7.
Audi has received orders for 15 units already, which would be delivered this year. Bullish on the fast growing luxury-car market in India, Audi has already posted a 200 per cent growth this year from that of last year.
“The whole segment is growing and we are growing even faster than the segment. We will sell this year about 1,000 cars in India,” Vice-President Marketing Audi (India), Martin Birkner said, adding 350 units were sold last year.
Audi R8 Video:
[youtube:http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk2beeYYf-Q 425 344]
Audi R8 Specifications:
- Engine Type: 4.2 Liter V8, FSI petrol direct injection, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder
- Power: 420 PS @ 7800rpm
- Torque: 430Nm between 4,500 and 6,000rpm
- Transmission: 6 speed manual, R tronic sequential gearbox (optional)
- Drivetrain: Quattro permanent four wheel drive
- Top Speed: 300kmph
- 0-100kmph: 4.6 seconds
- 0-200kmph: 14.9 seconds
- Fuel Consumption: What is that!
- Tires: Front: 235/35ZR19 91Y Pirelli P-Zero, Rear: 295/30ZR19 100Y Pirelli P-Zero
- Brakes: Front: 380mm Ventilated discs, Rear: 356mm Ventilated discs, Ceramic brake discs (optional)
- Safety: ABS, front airbags, side airbags, HID headlights, traction control, electronic stability control.
Audi R8 Dimensions:
- Overall length x width x height: 4.43m X 1.90m X 1.25m
- Wheelbase: 2.65m
- Weight: 1560 kgs
Official Website – Audi R8