Finally, the Kawasaki Ninja 250R can be yours for just Rs. 2.69 lakhs (Ex-showroom, India). Bajaj Auto have finally launched the much awaited Kwacker but with just 11% import duty on the bike, the pricing seems to be on the higher side. The bike is the European spec one with FI and only 50 units are allotted for the intial batch. So if you find the bike worth the money, rush to your nearby probiking store with Rs. 40,000/- and book it.
The baby Ninja is a CKD procured from Kawasaki’s Thailand operations. It is being assembled at Bajaj’s Chakan plant. The bike is available in two colors namely lime green and ebony black. Kawasaki will be launching higher capacity bikes to take on Suzuki and Yamaha in the superbike segment. Bajaj also announced the arrival of the all new Pulsar in 2011 and launch of KTM bikes at the Auto Expo in January, 2010.
Bajaj Kawasaki Ninja 250R Technical Specifications : –
- Engine – 250cc, Twin Cylinder, Fuel Injected, 4 Valve per Cylinder
- Maximum Power – 33PS @ 11000rpm
- Maximum Torque – 22Nm @ 8200rpm
- Gearbox – 6 Speed
- Kerb Weight – 172 Kgs
- Braking – 290mm Petal Disc (Front), 220 mm Single Piston Petal Disc (Rear)
- Rear Suspension – Kawasaki patented Uni-Track rear suspension
- Fuel Tank Capacity – 17 Litres
- Front Tyre – 17 inch 110/70 Tubeless
- Rear Tyre – 17 inch 130/70 Tubeless