Safety – Being a Mercedes, you needn’t worry about the safety in your C300d. The car gets a host of features like 7 Airbags, ESP, traction control, driver fatigue detection system to keep you safe and sound. Unfortunately, the new C misses out on the radar-based safety systems and it is very likely that the C-Class will get it only after the E-Class does. But the C-Class has aced every single crash test it has been subjected to and with stellar build quality, you have probably one of the safest cars in the world.
Verdict – The Mercedes C300d is a truly impressive car that does many things right. It looks beautiful, has sophisticated interiors, good driving comfort and an exceptional diesel engine. The traditional Mercedes qualities like build quality and refinement are not sacrificed. Sure, the backseat could’ve been better and the ride quality should’ve been a bit softer. But those criticisms are no deal breakers. In the end, the Mercedes-Benz has done a stellar job at updating the C-Class and we are quite sure that the C300d will maintain a strong ground even after the entry of new rivals.
* Striking and elegant looks, unmistakably a Mercedes
* Luxurious and feature-loaded interiors along with great build quality
* Punchy performing engine and great ride and handling dynamics
* Loaded with a lot of safety technologies
What’s Not So Cool
* Rear seats could have offered more space
* Suspension should have been a little softer
Alternatives: – BMW 3-Series, Jaguar XE, Audi A4