The Renault Duster is one of the most awaited cars in India and is one of the important models for the French automaker. The company will be launching the Duster around the 4th of July and complete details about the vehicle have now surfaced. Renault has conducted a media drive event, where details about the Duster were revealed along with specifications of the models. Our friends at IAB have got out more details on the variants and mileage of the Duster. The Duster will be available in 6 variants across 2 engines – petrol and diesel, with the latter being offered in two set of tunes – 85 PS and 110 PS.
Renault Duster Variants
- Duster RxE Petrol
- Duster RxL Petrol
- Duster RxE Diesel 85 PS
- Duster RxL Diesel 85 PS
- Duster RxL Diesel 110 PS
- Duster RxZ Diesel 110 PS
The petrol powered Renault Duster uses a 1600cc engine to produce 102 PS of peak power at 5850 RPM and 145 Nm of peak torque output at 3750 RPM. The engine is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox and return 13.24 km/l mileage. The 85 PS diesel Duster produces 85 PS of power output at 3750 RPM and 200 Nm of torque output at 1900 RPM. This engine is mated to a 5-speed gearbox and returns 20.46 km/l mileage. The 110 PS diesel Duster produces 110 PS of power output at 3900 RPM and 248 Nm of torque output at 2250 RPM. This engine is mated to a 6-speed manual gearbox and returns 19.01 km/l mileage.
According to Autocar, the pricing of Duster will start at Rs. 7.2 lakhs for the base petrol and go up all the way to Rs. 12 lakhs for the top end 110 PS diesel. The top end Duster will rival the Mahindra XUV500.
Some points from Autocar India’s Review of the Duster –
- Duster has excellent road presence
- Best riding SUV in its segment.
- 85 PS diesel offers good drive-ability and less turbo-lag. It has good matched gear ratios.
- Braking is fair and is assisted by ABS and EBD.
- 110 PS Duster has fair bit of turbo-lag but once turbo spools up past 2000 RPM, the Duster offers very good performance.
- Duster’s interiors have received beige treatment. Plastics look cheap and the dashboard does not look premium.
- Interior room is good and AC is outstanding.
- 215/65/16 tyres and a 210mm ground clearance. Tank size is 50-litres.