Sahara Evols X1 Fire Accident
Stringent regulations must be put in place to curtail such incidents

Recently, a Sahara Evols X1 electric scooter caught fire at Andheri in Mumbai

Yet another electric scooter, this time around a Sahara Evols X1, has caught fire in India, at a time when sales of such vehicles have picked up pace in the country.

The most recent example that was involved in an accidental fire was the Sahara Group’s electric scooter. The incident took place at Andheri in Mumbai.

This is the fourth fire incident recorded in the country since September, as earlier this year, 2 electric scooters from Pure EV caught fire, while another from Okinawa met the same fate.

Sahara Evols X1
The scooter has a claimed range of 80 km per charge

At present, the exact reason why a parked Sahara Evols X1 caught fire is unknown. But, expect the company to put out an official statement soon after conducting its own investigation into the matter.

Costing around Rs. 80,000/-, the X1 has a 1.9 kWh Lithium-ion battery, a 250 W motor and a claimed range of 80 km on a single charge.

The scooter has a maximum speed of 25 km/hr, a digital cluster, disc brake up front, keyless go and the battery is swappable.

Sahara Evols entered the electric vehicle market in June 2019. The firm had, this year, joined hands with Gwalior-based SuperEco Automotive to produce 50,000 2-wheelers and 6000 3-wheelers.