The Suzuki GSX150 is expected to be a street-fighter while the GSX150S will be a fully-faired sibling and the new bikes will be placed above the Gixxer range.
Suzuki bikes have never been appealing to Indian buyers and the Gixxer is the first motorcycle from the manufacturer to have impressed the audience. The company seems to be planning to add more taste to its line-up as the firm has recently trademarked the GSX150 and GSX150S in India.
The GSX series is a very successful family of performance-oriented sports touring motorcycles with iconic products such as the GSX-1000F and GSX-S1000. The trademarked GSX150 indicates that Suzuki is developing a small capacity 150cc GSX, especially for the Indian market.
All the members of the family have 4-valves per cylinder and hence the new 150cc engine is expected to have a similar mechanism. The GSX150 is expected to be a street-fighter while the GSX150S will be a fully-faired sibling and the new bikes are expected to be placed above the Gixxer range, thus competing with the likes of the Yamaha R15.
The new GSX family will surely get some attention as they will resemble the high-capacity bikes and they are likely to meet good demand if priced well, because we all know how the Indian customer loves faired bikes or something that looks big. However, the new Suzuki motorcycles cannot be expected to be launched before 2017.
Suzuki GSX150 & GSX150S Trademarked In India
– Suzuki has trademarked the GSX150 and GSX150S motorcycle names in India
– The new motorcycles are expected to be small capacity members of the GSX family specially developed for the Indian market
– The GSX series is powered by engines with 4-valves per cylinder and the new motorcycles are expected to be powered by similar engines
– The GSX150 is expected to be a street-fighter while the GSX150S will be a fully-faired sibling
– Both the bikes are expected to be placed above the Gixxer range