We are reporting live from the launch of the Toyota Etios Liva at New Delhi. Prices start at Rs. 3.99 lakhs for the base variant J. While other variants are priced as follows – Rs. 4.59 lakhs for the G variant, Rs. 5.09 lakhs for the G(SP) variant, Rs. 5.49 lakhs for the V variant and the top of the line Etios Liva VX is priced at Rs. 5.99 lakhs (all prices ex-showroom). The Toyota Etios Liva has a ARAI certified mileage of 18.31 kmpl. The top model Etios VX has ABS, EBD, Dual SRS Airbags, audio controls on steering wheel as standard.
Some important points from the Toyota Etios Liva launch –
- The Etios Liva will be powered by a 4-Cylinder, 16V DOHC, 1197cc petrol engine which produces 80 PS of power at 5600 RPM and 104 NM of torque at 3100 RPM.
- J and G variants will sport 175/65 R14 tyres while the V and VX will get 185/60 R15 tyres.
- Kerb Weight – J (890 kgs), G (900 kgs) and V – Vx (920 kgs).
- Suspension – McPherson Strut (Front), Torsion Beam (Rear)
- Ground Clearance – 170 mm
- Wheelbase – 2460 mm
- Total Length – 3775 mm
- The Liva will target the youth and will have the tagline ‘LIV TMRRW 2DAY’
- Booking amount is Rs. 50000/- and deliveries will start tomorrow itself.
- Toyota plans to sell a total of 60000 units of the Etios Sedan and the hatchback this year. They have already sold 20000 units of the Etios Sedan.
- According to a survey by Toyota, customers having a running of less than 2000 kms a month do not need a diesel engine. But Toyota has the technology and will study the market before launching the Diesel Etios.
- Warranty of 3 years/1 lakh5 km (which ever is earlier) on the Etios Liva.
- The localization level is 70% and the transmission is being imported.
- The company is setting up a new plant for transmission development. Once open, localization level will go upto 90%.
- The legroom for a car of this size is absolutely amazing. With the front seats pushed all the way back, there is still about 2 feet left for the rear passengers.
“India is an integral part of our global growth strategy. The Etios project is a milestone not only for Toyota in India but for Toyota globally. The Etios Liva has been designed focusing on the Indian customer’s aspirations, tastes and preferences that were gathered, studied and understood through extensive research. We are delighted by the overwhelming response received by the Etios customers. The Etios has been well accepted by our customers. We hope the Etios Liva will further reinforce the Toyota brand in India, making Toyota a household name,” Mr. Hiroji Onishi, President, Toyoto Asia Pacific, Marketing and Sales, said.
– Ankit Sethi