The Toyota Hilux will be offered in only 2 variants
Toyota has revealed the Hilux in India, but did not disclose details like the variants, complete specifications, among other things of the pickup truck that will be launched in the market this March.
However, the Japanese brand has listed the car on its website and guess what, there is a brochure too and we are here to explain all the details of the Hilux in, erm…detail.
The Isuzu V-Max rival will come in 2 variants – Standard and High. While the base variant is available only with a 6-speed manual gearbox, the top-spec grade also comes with the option of a 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Standard trim will only be available with Gray Metallic and Super White exterior colours. It will be equipped with the following features –
- Halogen headlamps with LED indicators
- Halogen rear lights
- LED front fog lamp, rear fog lamp
- Trapezoid grille with silver frame
- Machine-finish 17-inch alloy wheels
- Electrically adjustable ORVMs with indicators
- Chromed exterior door handles
- Multifunctional steering wheel with tilt and telescopic adjustment
- Fabric seats (manual adjustment for driver seat)
- Metallic accents in the cabin
- Manual air-con
- Smart entry with push start/stop
- Power windows
- Electrochromic IRVM
- Semi-digital instrument cluster
- 8-inch infotainment touchscreen with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Cooled upper glovebox
- Cruise control
- 6 speakers
- Drive modes – Eco and Power, and
- Park Assist: back monitor, and front and rear sensors
At the top of the Toyota Hilux variants list is the High trim that is available in paint options such as Gray Metallic, Emotional Red, Silver Metallic and White Pearl Crystal Shine. In addition to the above-mentioned features, this variant comes with –
- LED headlamps with LED DRLs and integrated LED indicators
- LED rear lights
- Chromed electrically adjustable and retractable ORVMs with indicators
- Chrome beltline and rear bumper
- Super chrome 18-inch alloy wheels
- Chromed interior door handles
- Leather seats
- Electrically adjustable driver seat and
- Dual zone auto air-con with second row air vents
The Hilux is powered by a 2.8-litre turbodiesel making 204 PS and 420 Nm when paired with a 6-speed manual gearbox and 500 Nm teamed to a 6-speed auto. Both gearboxes come paired to a 4-wheel drive system with high (H4) and low (L4) range.
In addition, the pickup truck also comes with Downhill Assist Control (DAC), Active Traction Control (A-TRC), Auto Limited Slip Differential, Electronic Differential Lock (EDL) and Electronic Drive Control.
Featuring double wishbone front suspension, leaf springs at the back (rigid axle), ventilated discs up front and drum at the rear, the Hilux comes as standard with 7 airbags, Child Restraint System (CRS), ABS, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) with Brake Assist (BA) and Hill Assist Control (HAC).