Yamaha’s 150cc challenger the FZ15, now named the FZ16 will be launched tomorrow at Goa. The bike has a 153cc carburetted engine with throttle position sensor and produces 14PS@7500RPM of power and 13.6NM@6000RPM of torque. Unlike the R15, this bike does not have 6 gears but 5 gears, 1 down, 4 up.
The bike gets electric start, front disc, tubesless tires and mono suspension as standard. The front tire is 100/80/R17 whereas the rear is wide 140/60-R17. Yamaha will be launching the FZ16 in three colours, that is Midnight Black, Lava Red and Flaming Orange. The instrument panel does not look all that appealing to me but the bike looks awesome and is certainly one of the best looking bikes in our country. Pricing is speculative but we expect it to be around the 80k mark. Yamaha FZ16 site is here.
- Dimensions – 1975mm (length), 770mm (width), 1045mm (height)
- Wheelbase – 1335mm
- Engine – 153CC air-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder, SOHC, 2 valves
- Power – 14PS@7500RPM
- Torque – 13.6NM@6000RPM
- Gearbox: 5 Speed
- Fuel System: 26mm CV Carb
- Tyres(F/R): 100/80/R17, 140/60/R17
- Brakes(F/R): 267mm single cross-drilled ventilated rotor with 2-pot calipers / 130mm drum
- Suspension: Front: 41mm Telescopic Forks – Rear: Monocross type
- Headlight: 12V 35W Halogen with Multifocal Reflector
- Tank capacity : 12 litres