Mercedes-Benz is one of the leading luxury automobile manufacturers in the world. The German automaker has come up with its new ‘Performance Drive’ event to further enhance the market presence of the brand in India. Mercedes-Benz India has announced the launch of its Performance Drive event, offering Indian motoring enthusiasts an opportunity to test their driving skills on the track. The performance drive event will be conducted through certified programs by certified global trainers.
“Being a performance brand our engagements are not limited to race drivers alone but encompass motoring enthusiasts as well. Whatever the ambition or skill level, the customized driving programs under the umbrella ‘Mercedes Benz Performance Drive’ offers exciting possibilities,” Eberhard Kern, MD and CEO, Mercedes-Benz India, said.
The event will consist of six different programs as follows –
1) Young Star Driver Program: This program will be conducted for young enthusiasts between 15-25 years of age with the Federation of Motor Sports Clubs of India (FMSCI), where top performers will get an opportunity to undergo Advance Training in Germany, PRO training and then the masters SLS AMG GT3 training.
2) Star Off-Road Experience: This program will be held in Pune to experience off-roading on a specially created off-road track with Mercedes SUV range along with a visit to the Mercedes-Benz plant in Pune. Price – Rs. 20,000/- per person.
3) Track Day Experience: This program will be held on the Buddh International Circuit with a range of high performance AMG cars.
4) International Driving Experiences: This program will offer enthusiasts an opportunity to drive different range of Mercedes cars on different exotic locations around the globe. 47 days world tour (Poland to India) – Rs. 19 lakhs for 1 person or Rs. 21 lakh for person with 2 people. Mercedes car to be of the participant.
5) AMG Driving Academy: This program will offer a track driving experience to motoring enthusiasts under the training of race veterans and professionals in high performance AMG cars. Price – Rs. 75,000/- per person per session (Rs. 50,000/- for Mercedes vehicle owners). Advanced training priced at Rs. 1 lakh.
6) Star Drive experience: This program will enable participants to experience specially created driving situations through a range of Mercedes-Benz cars and SUVs.