The year 2013 has seen a lot of new cars being launched and the existing ones gaining momentum. These cars were rated popular based on the demand across various global markets. Most of these carmakers follow the strategy of selling a limited number of variants so that they can sell large numbers of the car. The following cars were pitted against a huge list of cars and of course, only a few emerged winners. Here goes the list of most FIVE popular cars in the world.
1) Ford Focus – The Ford Focus is a compact car sold in various global markets including Europe, North America, South America, Asia, Australia and South Africa. This car surpassed the Toyota Corolla last year as the best selling car worldwide and incidentally, it has managed to retain the top spot in 2013 by selling nearly a projected 1.1 million cars worldwide. This car was first introduced in 1998 and is in its third generation currently. It is also popular in the world of rallying. All in all, the Ford Focus is a complete package with balanced handling and ride characteristics making it the best selling car in the world.
2) Toyota Corolla – The Toyota Corolla has been one of the best selling cars in the world for a long time. The Corolla surpassed the 40 million milestone this year over eleven generations since its introduction back in 1966. The car has managed a projected worldwide sales of 1 million units this year alone making it to the list of most popular cars of this year. Reliability, familiarity and simplicity has made the Toyota Corolla one of the all time best selling cars around the world.
3) Hyundai Elantra – The Hyundai Elantra is currently in its fifth generation since its introduction in 1989. This car is sold across a variety of markets around the globe. The Elantra is projected to sell nearly 8,66,000 units this year, up 11 percent in comparison to 2012 worldwide sales. The Elantra is also known as Avante in its home market in Korea. This car is offered in various trims and priced very competitively. To add to this, the Fluidic design language and the features on board of this car makes it a favourite amongst the customers worldwide.
4) Volkswagen Golf – The Volkswagen Golf is a subcompact car introduced in 1974. This car is currently in its seventh generation and is historically Volkswagen’s best-selling model ever. The new generation Golf is yet to be introduced in the USA and China. Even so, the company has garnered tremendous sales with this car. The total projected sales including the sales of existing model in the USA and China stands at 7,20,440 units. The Volkswagen Golf is not specifically good in just one thing that makes it popular. It is good in every aspect making it a very well balanced car of very high quality. The Golf has been immensely popular all over the world for years and we expect the trend to continue in the future too.
5) Honda Civic – The Honda Civic is currently sold in its ninth generation form. This car was first introduced in 1972 and millions of Civics have been sold ever since. This car ruled the Canadian market as the best selling car for 14 years between 1998-2012. The Honda Civic is forecasted to sell about 6,65,000 units worldwide in 2013. This car has been a favourite with rally drivers and makes it to the list of top five most popular cars of 2013. The Civic is highly reliable, boasts of Honda craftsmanship, technologically advanced, fuel efficient and fun to drive. Honda enjoys high level of brand loyalty from its customers making the Civic one of the most popular cars in the world.