We witnessed a lot of action at the 2014 Auto Expo and now we present you a list of the top 5 concept cars that we found the most interesting.
1) Honda Vision XS-1 – The Honda Vision XS-1 is a concept that will form the basis of a 7-seater MPV in the future. While the exteriors boast of a sporty design, the interiors have been designed in a way that they liberate a lot of space for passengers to use. The concept vehicle gets sliding doors. The overall design philosophy looks similar to other Hondas and it will be worth waiting for this product to hit the market.
2) Datsun redi-GO – The Datsun redi-GO is one promising concept that was displayed at the 2014 Auto Expo. It is mainly aimed at the youth and Datsun wants to assure buyers that this car is ready to go anywhere. With its funky styling, one thing is sure that the hatchback segment will see a whiff of fresh air whenever the redi-GO gets launched. With all the latest technology on board, Datsun really wants to showcase its vision for the future with the redi-GO concept.
3) Ford Figo Concept – The Ford Figo sedan will go on sale in 2015 and it marks Ford’s entry into the sub-4-metre sedan segment. The front of this vehicle looks heavily inspired by Aston Martin. This car will replace the Ford Classic and it is likely that Ford will price it aggressively since it will also get tax benefits from the government. The Ford Figo sedan will compete with the Honda Amaze, Tata Zest, Maruti Swift DZire, etc. when launched with power coming from 1.5-litre TDCi diesel and 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engines.
4) Tata Nexon – The Tata Nexon is a compact SUV that is based on the X1 platform. It is surprising to see that finally Tata Motors is coming up with vehicles that feature a really good design philosophy. The Nexon is powered by a 1.2-litre Revotron turbo petrol engine producing 110 PS of power and 170 Nm of torque. The Nexon will roll out in 2015 and it will provide competition to the Ford EcoSport, Renault Duster and Nissan Terrano.
5) Mahinda Reva Halo – We all know that Reva is an electric car company owned by Mahindra but now the automaker has taken it one step further by showcasing the Reva Halo at the 2014 Auto Expo. The Reva Halo is an electric sports car capable of producing 140 BHP of power with 0-100 km/hr taking under 8 seconds. On a full battery charge, the Reva Halo will go on for 200 kms which is very impressive. It will be launched in 2016 and pricing will be in the range of Rs. 30-35 lakhs.