The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R has undergone a number of updates with regards to engine, chassis and electricals while the ZX-14R comes with minor updates.
The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and ZX14-R have been launched in India at a price of Rs. 16.4 lakhs and 17.9 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi) respectively, where the litre class bike receives engine, chassis and electrical updates while the bigger ZX-14R gets minor updates. Both the motorcycles will be imported to India via the CBU route.
The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R continues to be powered by the 998cc, in-line four-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine still producing 200 PS, however, the engine is claimed to have 20 percent less inertia compared to the predecessor due to the lighter crankshaft. The engine is tuned to comply with Euro IV emission norms while delivering better mid-range torque.
The 2016 Kawasaki ZX-10R is built on a lighter and improved chassis while the Ohlins sourced suspension setup is tuned by Kawasaki’s WSBK racing team. The bike is also equipped with six-axis Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit that can be used for a number of safety and performance features such as ABS, traction control, launch control, etc.
The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R has received lesser upgrades that are limited to the ECU mapping and tuning of the exhaust system to comply with Euro IV norms while the suspension set up is tuned to provide better stability at high speeds. It also gets an improved Gunfighter seat for added comfort that results in better acceleration on full throttle. The ZX-14R also gets new front brake callipers, revised higher and closer handlebar with wider grips. The superbike is powered by the same 1441cc engine that continues to produce 200 PS.
2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
– The 2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R is priced at Rs. 16.4 lakhs
– The litre-class Kawasaki is powered by the same 998cc, in-line four-cylinder engine belting out 200 PS
– It gets updates such as lighter and less inertial crankshaft, Bosch Inertial Measurement Unit, etc.
2016 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R ZX-14R
– The Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14R is priced at Rs. 17.9 lakhs
– The big-bad ZX-14R continues to be powered by the same 1441cc engine producing 200 PS
– The ECU and exhaust system are tuned to comply with Euro IV emission norms