Verdict – There’s a reason why the Toyota Corolla Altis is the highest-seller in its segment. It doesn’t offer an engaging driving experience like some of its rivals but the car does what it is told to do and in a good way, well almost! It excels in areas where Indian customers don’t want a reason to be disappointed and that’s ease of use, practicality, space and comfort. Since it is a Toyota, it’ll probably outlast the owner and even if you decide to sell the car, the resale value will be much better than its immediate rivals and service costs won’t burn a hole in your pocket too. So, if you’re looking for any of these things you know you gotta pick the Altis. But if you’re an enthusiast looking for a car that’s involving to drive and comes with modern tech, you know where to look.
* Reliability, resale, reliability, resale!
* Looks balanced and thankfully gets some modern infusions
* Bloody comfortable sedan, also feels easy to drive around
What’s Not So Cool
* Performance is unexciting
* Petrol engine + CVT combo isn’t fuel efficienct
Alternatives: Skoda Octavia, Hyundai Elantra
Further Reading –