Datsun rolls out its 1,00,000th car from its manufacturing facility in Chennai.
Datsun celebrated the rollout of its 1,00,000th car as the redi-GO 1.0-litre was rolled out of its manufacturing facility in Oragadam, Chennai. Nissan India MD, Jerome Saigot and Renault Nissan MD and CEO, Colin MacDonald were present to witness this milestone event.
Datsun is happy with the responses that the GO, GO+ and redi-GO have received. The brand accounts for over 50 percent of the total sales of Nissan India and also continues to grow consistently and steadily. The automaker had launched redi-GO Sport in September 2016, redi-GO 1.0-litre in July 2017 and the redi-GO 1.0-litre GOLD in October 2017.
Offering a variety of variants that cater to a different and wider audience has led to the car in becoming a success in the Indian market. The company is offering Datsun CARE to existing Datsun car owners which is an all-inclusive service package that offers peace of mind to customers.
Below are the highlights of our conversation with the MD of Nissan:
* redi-GO AMT variant to be launched by early-2018
* Datsun GO Cross to be launched, however, no launch timeline mentioned
* The company is also considering electrification of its current line-up of cars
* Standalone Datsun outlets to come up in Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities
Datsun India Production
– redi-GO 1.0-litre rolled out as the 1,00,000th car
– Datsun accounts for more than half of total sales of Nissan in India
– The future looks bright as well as challenging for the Datsun brand