Ford has hiked prices of the EcoSport due to rising input costs. The price increase on the Ford EcoSport ranges between Rs. 22,000 – 38,000/-, effective immediately. The price rise on Ford’s compact SUV is no surprise as the company had clearly mentioned the launch price was introductory. With the EcoSport in high demand, the price increase was obvious. Ford is not the only company which has increased prices after finding success, even Mahindra and Renault hiked prices of the XUV500 and Duster respectively (multiple times to the tune of almost Rs. 1 lakh), after they were inundated with bookings.
Ford EcoSport New Price (ex-showroom, Delhi) –
Ford EcoSport Petrol Price –
- EcoSport Ambiente 1.5 Petrol – Rs. 5.82 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 23,000/-)
- EcoSport Trend 1.5 Petrol – Rs. 6.77 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 27,000/-)
- EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Petrol – Rs. 7.88 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 37,000/-)
- EcoSport Titanium EcoBoost – Rs. 8.28 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 38,000/-)
- EcoSport Titanium (O) EcoBoost – Rs. 8.66 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 37,000/-)
- EcoSport Titanium 1.5 Petrol AT – Rs. 8.67 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 22,000/-)
Ford EcoSport Diesel Price –
- EcoSport Ambiente Diesel – Rs. 7.01 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 32,000/-)
- EcoSport Trend Diesel – Rs. 7.88 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 27,000/-)
- EcoSport Titanium Diesel – Rs. 8.99 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 37,000/-)
- EcoSport Titanium (O) Diesel – Rs. 9.37 lakhs (price increase of Rs. 37,000/-)
All those who have booked their Ford EcoSport but haven’t got it yet will be paying the new price. Ford is also hiking prices of its other models by 1-5% due to the depreciating Rupee leading to increase in material costs. Ford doesn’t manufacture the EcoBoost engine in India and imports it from Cologne, Germany. The automaker is likely to locally produce the engine in the distant future as more of its cars use the same pint sized powerplant.
Ford has received 40,000 booking for the EcoSport and the compact SUV now commands a waiting period of up to 9 months for certain variants. Dealers have stopped taking bookings for quite a lot of variants. The EcoSport is now the best selling SUV in India, overtaking the Renault Duster and Mahindra Scorpio which were on top before the blue oval’s compact SUV arrived on our shores.