After creating some buzz in the industry for a while, Honda has finally launched its compact sedan Amaze in India. Everyone including Maruti Suzuki was curious to know how Honda will price it. Everyone got the answer as Honda placed the Amaze very strategically against the Maruti Swift DZire. We do a quick feature comparison of both the offerings and find out what helps one to have an edge over the other.
Entry Level Trims –
- Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki DZire offer some basic features like air conditioning, tilt power steering, engine immobilizer for safety against theft.
- Honda Amaze has some features which DZire doesn’t have like central locking, power windows on all four doors, tachometer and most importantly ABS and EBD are standard on diesel variant.
- Maruti Suzuki DZire lacks all above mentioned features but has fog lamps and full wheel covers. These features can be put on the Amaze as after market fitment for less than Rs. 5000/-.
- We can say Honda has made its entry level variants a treat as they have given some additional convenience and safety features at almost the same price tag.
Additional Trim Options –
- There is one more trim level Honda has to offer with Amaze which sits between entry level and mid-level trims.
- These features make you consider this trim over higher (mid-level) trim if you are tight on budget.
Mid-Level Trims –
- Here both models offer 2-DIN audio system with USB and Aux-in, body coloured door handles and OVRMs with electric adjustment, central locking with remote key in addition to features offered in their entry level trims.
- Honda Amaze gets features like steering mounted audio controls and height adjustable driver seat which are not available in the Maruti DZire.
- Maruti Suzuki DZire has turn indicators on OVRMs in addition to other features of entry level trims.
- In mid-level offering also Honda has given some features which you can’t ignore.
Top-End Trims –
- Both cars share some features, in addition to mid-level trims, like steering mounted audio controls, turn indicators on OVRMs, height adjustable driver seat, alloy wheels, driver and passenger airbags, ABS, EBD.
- Honda Amaze in this trim offers electrically foldable OVRMs and heat absorbing front windshield which reduces temperature inside the cabin and helps the air conditioner to cool faster, sadly DZire doesn’t offer these features.
- Main feature to be highlighted in top-end trim of Maruti Suzuki DZire is climate control system. Also to enhance your music experiences there are two tweeters to help four speakers.
It you are thinking of buying a compact sedan and are confused between the Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki DZire, we hope this article helps you in making your decision.