Honda Motorcycle launched the CB Unicorn Dazzler in Mumbai at Intercontinental, the Lalit. The company has priced the CB Unicorn Dazzler at Rs. 67,080 (ex-showroom, Mumbai) and the bike is available in only one variant – self start with dual disc brakes. The company has targeted the bike at youngsters and college students and has focused on performance along with good mileage (60 kmpl claimed). We had a small test ride of the Dazzler and we found the bike impressive. The slight increase in power is noticeable and the bike picks up at low speeds with more enthusiasm.
As promised here we asked Honda President & CEO Mr. Shinji Aoyama questions.
1. Pranav had asked – “Honda has costliest But most powerful bike in 100cc segment : CB TWISTER. Honda has costliest But most powerful bike in 125cc segment : CBF STUNNER. Then why didn’t they maintained this in 150cc , with this model? Like, CB DAZZLER WITH HIGHEST BHPs ?
Answer from Honda – The CB Unicorn Dazzler has more power and higher top speed than the regular Unicorn. We are targeting the bike to the youth and we think this amount of power is very good for the target market. We know they always want more and we always try to give our customers the best.
2. Amit asked – “Why they are not launching any new products like any 250cc bike.”
Answer from Honda – Currently we are not planning to launch any 200cc bike but yes we are planning to get into higher cc segment and will do so accordingly. We want to compete in the 150cc above bikes and are currently contemplating the products to be launched in this segment.
Our opinion on the CB Unicorn Dazzler : –
- It is priced very well. For Rs. 4,000/- premium over the regular Unicorn it offers digital instrumentation and rear disc brakes.
- The digital instrumentation is one of the best we have seen on a 150cc bike, the revv counter goes all the way till 11,000 rpm at start up.
- The Dazzler offers slightly more power than the Unicorn and that is a boon on low speeds.
- Quality is excellent. Some thing which we now take for granted from a Honda.
- The CB Unicorn under cuts the Yamaha Fazer by a significant price.
- Maintenance free battery means no need of top ups and you won’t miss kick start.
- The CB Dazzler will sell like hot cakes, its a very good bike and probably the best 150cc bike in the country.
- Some very interesting colours on offer.