Three months post its launch in the Indian market, Hyundai Verna bookings cross 24,000 units.
Hyundai launched the fifth generation Verna in India earlier this year and the mid-size sedan has had a great start in India. The car has got over 24,000 bookings in just 3 months time and has outsold its rivals for two consecutive months. Sales for the month of September and October 2017 are 6054 and 4701 units respectively.
The bookings milestone of the vehicle are as below:
* 18 days since the bookings started – 4000 bookings
* Within 10 days of launch – 7000 bookings and 70,000 enquiries
* Within 5 weeks of launch – 15,000 bookings
* As on 1st November – 20,000 bookings
* As on 1st December – 24,000 bookings
The Hyundai Verna has garnered more than 1,75,000 enquiries till date and exports are also in full swing. The Korean carmaker recently received an export order of 10,501 units of the Verna from the Middle East and has also exported 2022 units to Saudi Arabia till now. The company also plans to export the new Verna to South Africa and other Asian countries from 2018 onwards.
The Hyundai Verna comes powered by 1.6-litre petrol and diesel engines mated to 6-speed manual or 6-speed automatic transmissions. The Verna petrol range starts from Rs. 7.99 lakhs while the diesel version is priced from Rs. 9.42 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).
Hyundai Verna Bookings
– Hyundai Verna crosses 24,000 bookings
– The company sold 4779 units of the Verna in the month of launch itself
– The sedan is the current segment best-seller in the segment