The Jeep Grand Cherokee petrol has been launched in India, priced at Rs. 75.15 lakhs.
Jeep has launched the Grand Cherokee with a petrol engine that is available in the Summit variant. The Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Petrol comes priced at Rs. 75.15 lakhs (ex-showroom, New Delhi).
Jeep had launched the Grand Cherokee in the Summit and Limited variants last year but they were available only with diesel-powered engines. The Grand Cherokee SRT was launched too, which was and is still the range topper with a 6.4-litre, V8, petrol engine. However, Jeep has now expanded its India line-up by fitting in a slightly smaller petrol engine on the Grand Cherokee Summit variant.
The 3.6-litre Pentastar engine produces 290 HP and 347 Nm of torque. This engine comes paired to an 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters. The same transmission is also being offered on the diesel variants of the SUV.
On the styling front, the Jeep Grand Cherokee’s Summit and Limited variants now get the new 75th anniversary fascia with enhanced billet-like plating on the grille slots. The Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit variant also gets 20-inch polished aluminium technical grey painted alloy wheels, air suspension and LED fog lamps.
Other features include electronic power steering that replaces the electro-hydraulic power steering, 3 driving modes, a rear park assist system called ParkSense and an acoustic windshield that helps reduce noise creeping into the cabin.
The Jeep Grand Cherokee is available in a choice of 6 colours- Billet Silver Metallic, Diamond Crystal Black, Velvet Red, Bright White, Granite Crystal Pearl and True Blue Pearl.
Jeep India has updated its entire range of cars with new prices and prices are as follows:
* Grand Cherokee Limited Diesel – Rs. 75.15 lakhs
* Grand Cherokee Summit Diesel – Rs. 85.15 lakhs
* Grand Cherokee SRT – Rs. 1.07 crores
* Wrangler Unlimited Diesel – Rs. 64.45 lakhs
* Wrangler Unlimited Petrol – Rs. 56 lakhs (unchanged)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Petrol
– The Jeep Grand Cherokee petrol is priced at Rs. 75.15 lakhs
– The Jeep Grand Cherokee range gets 2 new colours- Diamond Crystal Black and Velvet Red
– The Grand Cherokee Summit Petrol is powered by a 3.6-litre Pentastar engine producing 290 HP