We are in Bangalore for the Nissan Evalia media drive and are updating the specifications and details as they are emerging.
Points from the Media Briefing –
1. India is critical market for Nissan for growth. It has presence in 160 countries globally.
2. The Sunny and Micra have been accepted well by the customers.
3. Nissan has invested Rs 45 billion for the Indian market.
4. Currently 68 dealers, 29 more coming soon.
5. Evalia is urban class utility vehicle which maintains work and leisure balance and is ideal for business needs and weekend family requirements.
6. Monocoque with sedan like performance.
7. Most spacious cabin
8. Target customer 38 years plus male
9. Fuel economy, maneuverability and interior space key USP features of the Evalia
10. Powered by Renault K9k 1.5 liter engine producing 85 bhp of power and 200 nm torque with fuel economy of 19.3 kmpl, almost 50% better than competitors (Xylo and Innova)
11. Aerodynamic body with minimum running resistance
12. Multi function meter, supports economy driving, shift timing, fuel efficiency, mileage and real time fuel efficiency.
13. Monocoque body light in weight
14. Excellent driver visibility, bigger and wider visibility as compared to competition.
15. Rear view camera
16. 5.2 m turning radius
17. 0-60 km/h 12.7 seconds
19. Big cargo space, with rear seats folded 11 suitcases can fit comfortably.
20. Head room 165, 185, 200 mm for first, second and third row respectively.
21. Twin sliding doors for middle row.
22. CNG variant being studied but depends on customer requirement.
23. Nissan claims that the Evalia does not compete with Maruti Suzuki’s Ertiga.
24 Localization – 85%
25. No petrol engine for India.
26. Export opportunities to be seen but not concluded
27. To be launched in the last week of September.
28. No USB function.
29. Thin 165 section tyres
30. Not based on the V Platform.
Nissan Evalia Features
– Dual airbags on top model (except entry level variant which has no airbags, all other variant have single driver airbag)
– Follow me home headlamps (standard for all variants)
– ABS, EBD, BA (standard on all)
– Electrically operated ORVM
– No clear plan for automatic but open to consideration in the future
– Changes to Indian version – Beige colored interiors only for India and suspension is tuned for rough Indian roads.