Locally assembled Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R and Ninja ZX-10RR launched in India, priced at Rs. 12.80 lakhs and Rs. 16.10 lakhs respectively.
Kawasaki has commenced local assembly of the Ninja ZX-10R and the Ninja ZX-10RR and boy oh boy, enthusiasts and prospective buyers will be on cloud nine after getting to know the prices. All thanks to the local assembly, the Ninja ZX-10R now retails at Rs. 12.80 lakhs while the Ninja ZX-10RR comes at a price of Rs. 16.10 lakhs (both prices, ex-showroom, Delhi).
For perspective, the old prices of the Ninja ZX-10R and the Ninja ZX-10RR were Rs. 18.80 lakhs and Rs. 21.90 lakhs (both prices, ex-showroom, Delhi). Bookings for both the litre-class motorcycles have commenced across all Kawasaki dealerships in India and the company says that these are special pre-order prices valid till July end and post that there will be a price hike.
The new Ninja ZX-10R is available in the KRT edition while the Ninja ZX-10RR is made available only in the Black colour. Both the Ninja ZX-10R and the ZX-10RR are the most expensive Kawasaki motorcycles to be assembled in the country. The new pricing of the Ninja ZX-10R makes it the most affordable litre-class superbike in India thereby undercutting its rival, the Honda CBR1000RR by almost Rs. 4 lakhs! The motorcycle comes powered by a 998cc engine that puts out 200 PS of power and 113.5 Nm of torque. The motor comes mated to a 6-speed gearbox with quickshifter as standard.
Meanwhile, the Ninja ZX-10RR is a more track-focused machine offered only in a single-seat variant. Maximum power with the Ram Air in the ZX-10RR is rated at 210 PS while torque output remains the same as in the standard ZX-10R. The additional price of close to Rs. 3.3 lakhs is justified by the Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP tyres, lighter 7-spoke Marchesini forged aluminium alloy wheels, Brembo M50 brake calipers along with grooved discs and a radial master cylinder (for better braking performance on the racetrack) and a modified cylinder head along with reinforced crankcases.
Here’s how the pricing compares with other litre-class bikes:
* Ninja ZX-10R (new price) – Rs. 12,80,000/-
* Ninja ZX-10RR (new price) – Rs. 16,10,000/-
* Honda CBR1000RR – Rs. 16,79,838/-
* Suzuki GSX-R1000 – Rs. 19,00,000/-
* BMW S1000RR – Rs. 17,90,000/-
* Ducati Panigale V4 – Rs. 20,53,000/-
* Honda CBR1000RR SP – Rs. 21,22,190/-
* Suzuki GSX-R1000R – Rs. 19,80,000/-
* BMW S1000RR Pro – Rs. 20,60,000/-
* Ducati Panigale V4 S – Rs. 25,29,000/-
(All prices are ex-showroom)
Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Price
– Locally assembled Ninja ZX-10R and ZX-10RR launched in India
– Ninja ZX-10R and ZX-10RR priced at Rs. 12.80 lakhs and Rs. 16.10 lakhs (both prices, ex-showroom, Delhi) respectively
– Even the track-focused ZX-10RR is cheaper than the other litre-class superbikes