Tata Motors is developing a slew of new vehicles and one of them will be an executive sedan positioned in the C-segment.

Tata Hexa Video Review
The Hexa is going to be the company’s next big launch in January 2017

Tata Motors is going all aggressive in the Indian market because the company intends to become the 3rd largest automaker in the country by 2019-2020. This year, the firm launched the Tiago which has been generating very good demand. The Tata Hexa will be launched in January 2017 and it is already creating a lot of buzz.

However, Tata Motors caters to only 60% of the various segments in the 4-wheeler market. The company now wants to expand to the remaining 40% segments and hence they are in the process of developing a new compact SUV, premium hatchback and C-segment sedan. These vehicles will be launched over the next 4-5 years.

The C-segment sedan from Tata Motors will be positioned above the Kite 5 and Zest and is likely to be priced in the Rs. 8-11 lakhs price bracket. It will compete with the likes of the Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Maruti Ciaz, Volkswagen Vento, Skoda Rapid and Fiat Linea. Expect the car to come with both petrol and diesel engines, along with the option of an automatic gearbox.

Tata Motors wants to bring in new customers apart from retaining the existing customer base. The company wants to have a presence in every segment because most of these segments are fast-growing. The company has already invested a lot of money and they will divide Rs. 3500-4000 crores between the passenger cars and commercial vehicles segments this fiscal.

Tata Motors C-Segment Sedan

– The vehicle will be slotted above the Zest
– It will be launched by 2019-2020
– Tata Motors wants to become the 3rd largest automaker in India

Tata Nexon 1
Tata Motors will enter the compact SUV segment with the Nexon