They say a product’s success depends on how well it has been marketed by its parent company. Car manufacturers use various techniques to market their products and one important thing is television advertisements. While some commercials are downright cheesy and avoidable, some others do manage to win our hearts with the message they carry.
Let us have a look at the 5 best Indian car TV commercials of all time –
[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pMIkREluMQ 540 375]
1) Tata Safari – This advertisement talks about those people who wanted to quit from their boring and monotonous daily routines and do something interesting. The people who wanted to chase their dreams and reclaim their life. The commercial is beautifully designed and executed and tries to show that the Tata Safari is for those who want something ‘different’.
[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycQ4HDrEcp0 540 375]
2) Maruti Esteem – This commercial for the 1995 Maruti Esteem shows how its owner feels happy when he is driving the car. The advertisement also neatly displays the vehicle’s features such as power windows, tachometer, alloy wheels, etc. What Maruti was trying to convey is that the Esteem is a comfortable and nice car to drive and would satisfy its owners.
[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-8nsqBNdTY 540 375]
3) Toyota Innova – Toyota had marketed the first generation Innova with the help of this quirky commercial. The video shows different versions of Aamir Khan travelling in the Innova while it also attempts at displaying the vehicle’s practical features like the ability to cruise long distances, space, rear AC vents, etc. Overall, a very good attempt.
[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA1PZ770FOo 540 375]
4) Renault Fluence – This commercial beautifully shows how a man falls in love with the Renault Fluence. The man, whose car has broken down, gets impressed by the vehicle’s exteriors and interiors and immediately decides to destroy his car and get a Fluence.
[youtube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7kFvk-T7g 540 375]
5) Tata Nano – The Tata Nano commercial has a very nice and catchy soundtrack. While the video doesn’t really display any features of the car, it tries to convey the message that life is meant to be celebrated in every way. The video tells its viewers that everyone is just awesome so go out and live each moment of your life joyously.