Safety and After Sales Service – The BMW 630d is extremely safe and has scored top marks at Euro NCAP. While BMW is yet to introduce the radar-based assistants, you still get the regular equipment like 6 airbags, ABS, traction control and ESP. Add to that a strong body structure, the 630d is as safe as it can get.
Verdict – The 630d GT ticks all the right boxes for a proper luxury car. It has a rich cabin, impressive refinement, exceptional onboard technology and superb cabin space with high levels of comfort. It also comes across as a proper BMW with an intriguing diesel motor and very sorted dynamics. It might not have the visual appeal of the 5-Series nor is it as relaxing as the Mercedes Benz E-Class. But the 630d GT is a great all-rounder which will happily deliver it’s best on both weekdays and weekends and we think it is a strong contender in the premium luxury segment.
* Sporty looks along with a practical and feature-loaded cabin
* Punchy performance with great high-speed stability
* Outstanding ride quality and 5-star safety rating
What’s Not So Cool
* GT body style doesn’t look as exotic as a sedan
* Misses out on certain features
Alternatives: – Mercedes-Benz E-Class, Jaguar XF, Audi A6